Alternator Voltage Spec/ Battery Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I'm assuming (hoping) that what Luke meant was to transfer to a better program. I agree that he shouldn't drop out completely. He is still learning. Unfortunately, the programs are teaching people stuff as though one day they'll own a shop--meaning that there's a ton of C.Y.A. measures taken and the theory is it's always better to fix something before it has a chance to break.

I think the days of the 8-yr battery is mostly gone. Probably some chemical that the feds won't let the battery mfg's use anymore because it's bad for the environment or something. They're 50% more $$, but last 1/2 the time. Go figure. If had my truck since 2002, and I've installed 3 batteries during those 10 years. I think the culprit was mostly the long periods of not being driven for a couple months at a time in blistering heat and freezing cold. After spending all that $$ on Interstate for the 1st two, I'm back getting the Duralast now and saving $20-$30. I haven't noticed any difference in how long they last.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
My teacher did own his own shop til 1980 when computers came out. He and bunch other techs didnt know where to get training on the new computer stuff unless worked for dealer at the time so they felt left out at the time. So he closed it went to back to work for a GM dealer. Til later he was offered the teaching job at my school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64