Aftermarket ECM for TBI / SPEEDUINO

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBBURB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zeke
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban SLS
Engine Size
454 7.4L
Have you considered fitting an OE flex fuel system in your rig? Say an ecm and fuel module from an L59 Tahoe, Yukon, etc. Parts are plentiful and though not plug and play, could be done on the cheap!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thats a pretty awesome idea, hmm, never thought of that. Only problem I see is:

I wouldnt know how to go about reflashing the ECU to work with my old motor.
There might be more dependencies built in (sensors) to a more modern ECU that would need to be removed or disabled from the software.

The Speeduino is plug and play kind of... Its a kit, made for integration.
Its super easy to program... At least for me because im very familiar with programing this ECU (Arduino) from working in robotics/IOT. It has its own boot loader built in... Meaning you just connect a usb cable to it from your laptop to program the IDE. No fancy programmer needed.
It has a ton of features built in already like launch control etc. Again no fancy programmer needed, everything is open source. Just need a regular old laptop.
It also has the GPIO connectors already built in for connecting directly into your ECM's wire loom.
Last but not least it has the support of a community behind it. Meaning there is help from your peers. Your not the lone astronaut on a solo mission. Ya got friends to help ya along. Everything has kind of already been thought out for ya. Theyve been making these kits for some time now.

One more thing... With the Speeduino you can piggy back onto the old ECU , meaning you can run the old ECU when needed then switch to the Flex Fuel ECU when going off road. You may need to run the OEM ECU in some states when driving on road. So you might not want to get rid of it completely!

Last edited:

hunters628

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Hunter
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Thats a pretty awesome idea, hmm, never thought of that. Only problem I see is:

I wouldnt know how to go about reflashing the ECU to work with my old motor.
There might be more dependencies built in (sensors) to a more modern ECU that would need to be removed or disabled from the software.

The Speeduino is plug and play kind of... Its a kit, made for integration.
Its super easy to program... At least for me because im very familiar with programing this ECU (Arduino) from working in robotics/IOT. It has its own boot loader built in... Meaning you just connect a usb cable to it from your laptop to program the IDE. No fancy programmer needed.
It has a ton of features built in already like launch control etc. Again no fancy programmer needed, everything is open source. Just need a regular old laptop.
It also has the GPIO connectors already built in for connecting directly into your ECM's wire loom.
Last but not least it has the support of a community behind it. Meaning there is help from your peers. Your not the lone astronaut on a solo mission. Ya got friends to help ya along. Everything has kind of already been thought out for ya. Theyve been making these kits for some time now.

One more thing... With the Speeduino you can piggy back onto the old ECU , meaning you can run the old ECU when needed then switch to the Flex Fuel ECU when going off road. You may need to run the OEM ECU in some states when driving on road. So you might not want to get rid of it completely!
Josh at speeduino and a few others have been working on built in flex fuel control for a while now. I know they had a working build about 9 months ago. Not sure if it got published as I have not been on the forum much recently.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
02 Tahoe 5.3L L59 12216125 OS Flex Fuel calibration to start with. It uses a 0411 pcm.
0411 pcm in turn can run a sbc.
But the other way is potentially cheaper.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84