Aftermarket Brake Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sc2665

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just finished rebuilding the front suspension on my 84C10 and installing a set of 3" drop spindles. Decided to replace the calipers and brake lines while it was apart. The O.E.M. style brake lines will not bolt to the caliper with the new drop spindles. Can anyone recommend a good set of stainless aftermarket brake lines or warn me of the ones NOT to buy.

Thanks in advance

Jarhead79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
You have to bend the brake lines sometimes to get them to fit.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I'm think I am going with brake and fuel lines from Inline Tube for my restore project.

Their prices are competitive and - after talking to a couple of my friends who have used their tubes - I feel comfortable that the product is good. And trust me, these guys that I asked are real picky about their trucks - they're like fanatical.

Word is that the tubing sections that Inline supplies are bent very close to factory configuration and - for the most part - the materials they use are of good quality. But even as close as the shaped tubes are to factory, expect to make some field adjustments.

Also, if you pay the "slight upcharge" for stainless steel fittings - make sure you get real SS. It may just be rumors but I've heard they try to skate by with low grade stainless.

I know I will be preaching to the choir when I say this, but it bears repeating:

When it comes to renewing brake/fuel lines (or any components that are not normally accessible), it isn't about the money. It's about the quality. Changing brake lines is a pain in the ass. Nobody wants to do the same job over again in 5 years. I would gladly pay twice the going rate if I knew for sure that the brake lines I installed were going to last for as long as the truck could be kept running.

Inline for 1981- 1994 2WD Trucks:

http://www.inlinetube.com/#!1981-94-chevrolet-gmc-truck--blazer/c1y99

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btrain04