Accumulator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mobius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Heavy Half
Engine Size
350 SBC
Is there an accumulator that will fit our trucks that already has an R-134 low side fitting? Or do I just need to buy an adapter? I don’t really trust the adapter I’m using now, because it’s giving me wonky low side pressure readings. I’m getting ready to put in a Sanden compressor and parallel flow condenser and lines, so if there’s a better accumulator option, I’d rather just do that.

Mobius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 Heavy Half
Engine Size
350 SBC
Also, is the pressure switch on the accumulator a low or high switch? I discovered my R134 was low (there was only about .2 lbs in the system) but the compressor was still running. Should it be shutting off with low pressure? Is there also a high pressure switch?

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
Also, is the pressure switch on the accumulator a low or high switch? I discovered my R134 was low (there was only about .2 lbs in the system) but the compressor was still running. Should it be shutting off with low pressure? Is there also a high pressure switch?

EDIT the switch on the acumulator would be a low pressure switch.

I haven't seen an accumulator with 134 fittings. As far ar switches. there is a few ways to wire an A/C. On our 77's it cycles with an evaporator temp switch, there is a high pressure switch on the liquid line, there is NO low pressure switch. Most of the accumulators have an extra service port so adding a low pressure switch would be easy. 76's used a low pressure switch.

Last edited:

Runnergeorge

Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I hope this is the correct place for this. I have a 75 c10 with 350 original ac truck. I am replacing the parts with new and going to charge with r134. However the low pressure cutout switch I bought does not fit the fittings on the accumulator as pictures show it should. Does anyone know where I can get the correct switch or fitting to make it work? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevew7704