AC R124a Retrofit - Liquid Line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jak22099

Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
400 SBC
Getting ready to do an r134a swap on the K10, going with a sanden compressor and new hoses that I will have crimped at my local AC shop... am replacing pretty much all of the AC components because most of them are honestly in pretty rough shape and OEM components aren't super expensive anyway, getting a better modern condenser that should handle r134a better as well as a new accumulator and evaporator core... my only question is the liquid line that goes from the bottom of the evaporator to the condenser. I know they sell OEM replacements, but will that work in my case since I'm not going with R12? I know there's a fill port on that line but I was planning on having the shop just use the two r134a ports that will come with the new hoses and they'll go directly behind the condenser (see example pic of similar setup). The condenser is listed as compatible with 79-87 c10's so the thread should be the same as in the oem liquid line...

Attachments

• 23-224(6).jpg
    23-224(6).jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 50

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
All modern hoses will be R134 AND R12 compatible. You will want to make sure that you have swapped all of the O-rings out in the system and flushed all components with an AC system flush.

FWIW my 1980 K25 pickup with all original condenser, compressor, evaporator works great in 100 degree heat. I just rebuilt the A6 compressor the other day with a modern double lip seal shaft seal and my AC is measuring 38 degree air coming out of the vents. I have to turn it down after a few minutes to keep from freezing my legs. The only parts I had to replace were all of the O-rings, new R134 pressure switch, new filter/dryer, and a new manifold/lines that connect the compressor to the evap/condensor. I also put in a blue orifice tube while I had it apart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe