AC or not to Ac is the question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Originalthor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Well the mouse infested components kinda made my mind up. They had a pretty good nest inside of it and ate up a lot of the doors weather seals. Also I think the hood was open for some time on the unit cause the outside box was pretty brittle.

Not the end of the world so maybe one day I'll get something. I did take all the venting so maybe ill rig up something so air will flow through them while on the hwy. Like a dodge air grabber hood. Lol

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
Also FWIW, everyone keeps talking about the ugly box sticking out of the firewall. Well, on the driver's side there's already a big ugly stamped steel brake booster and master cyl sticking out, along with a steering shaft and wiper motor and whatever else is going on over there. So yeah sure you can ditch the A/C stuff on the passenger's side and just have some steel plate and random fasteners there instead, but it doesn't somehow transform the entire look of the engine bay. IMO it makes it look lopsided with a bunch of stuff on the D/S and nothing on the P/S, especially since you're only ditching factory components that kind look like they belong there in the first place. Hey, do whatever makes you happy, but nobody is somehow impressed by the way your truck looks just because the factor air box now appears to have been removed...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silverado9019