A833 Hurst shifter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRausch82

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I have an ‘82 C20 with a MY6/A833 OD transmission. My original Hurst shifter failed and I’m looking for parts or a replacement shifter. Does anyone have any info on these? Apparently I have the “heavy duty” version of this shifter. Any help would be appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach

MRausch82

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Resolved. I acquired a rebuilt stock Hurst comp plus shifter which worked in its place with zero modifications. I’m told that my original was a heavy duty version of the comp plus shifter and was super rare. On another note, I am looking for the part number of the original shift boot for this truck… anyone have info on that?

Last edited:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I believe any version of the stock shifter could be considered rare. Do you by chance have any comparison pictures?

MRausch82

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Unfortunately I don’t. I meant to take some but forgot. It essentially looks the same except for the two small springs.

I911fire

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Resolved. I acquired a rebuilt stock Hurst comp plus shifter which worked in its place with zero modifications. I’m told that my original was a heavy duty version of the comp plus shifter and was super rare. On another note, I am looking for the part number of the original shift boot for this truck… anyone have info on that?
May I inquire where you found a shifter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tater81