'92 Z28 AirBox Mod.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Tackled this little project today, and figured since you guys love pictures I would take some of the progress.....After pulling out the air filters, you can clearly see how restrictive the boxes were....It's a wonder these cars get enough air...lol...Anyways, I pulled the complete box out and used my dremel to remove the cluster-f of plastic, creating a nice opening for more air to pass thru....Going to pick up some new filters tomorrow, and from the looks of my pics, I need to clean the damn engine bay.....:roflbow:

Attachments

• airboxmod 002.jpg
    airboxmod 002.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 148
  • airboxmod 019.jpg
    airboxmod 019.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 140
  • airboxmod 018.jpg
    airboxmod 018.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 140
  • airboxmod 020.jpg
    airboxmod 020.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 144

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Awesome dude!! The other day I saw a clean IROC Convertible for sale in my area. Wanted to stop but I figured it was best I don't :D

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
It might breathe a bit better now huh???

You may not have seen in one of the other threads last night. Do you still have that round K&N? I have a use for one now. Lemme know what you want for it and the second I get some funds in the PayPal account I can send some funds.

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It might breathe a bit better now huh???

You may not have seen in one of the other threads last night. Do you still have that round K&N? I have a use for one now. Lemme know what you want for it and the second I get some funds in the PayPal account I can send some funds.

I'm hoping she breathes better now....I might go a little further and get rid of my driving lights in the front bumper and fab up a "ram-air" to go to the underside of the air box...They have kits for them, but they are a little pricey...should be able to figure something out with a trip to Lowes or Home Depot....:roflbow:
And I totally forgot about the K&N...:slap:..(Too much mental crap in the last few months)...As per our previous discussions a few months back, I WILL get that sent out this week.....I'm sure I have your address still written down, but PM it again if you would.

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Awesome dude!! The other day I saw a clean IROC Convertible for sale in my area. Wanted to stop but I figured it was best I don't :D

:roflbow: C'mon now.......You would have some fun in that!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I did something similar with mine. Originally I just removed the little baffles, but I ended up hogging it out and installing "scoops" made from dryer vents. Now it sucks air directly from the fog light area.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm hoping she breathes better now....I might go a little further and get rid of my driving lights in the front bumper and fab up a "ram-air" to go to the underside of the air box...They have kits for them, but they are a little pricey...should be able to figure something out with a trip to Lowes or Home Depot....:roflbow:
And I totally forgot about the K&N...:slap:..(Too much mental crap in the last few months)...As per our previous discussions a few months back, I WILL get that sent out this week.....I'm sure I have your address still written down, but PM it again if you would.

Ahhh come on dude. You really expect me to beleive that mental stuff and lots going on??? I woudn't know a thing about that kind of stuff going on. Afterall, we live in a stress free world don't we??? :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

We really do, you get all the damn stress you want and even more for FREE. It really is a Stress FREE world we live in these days. :crazy:

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Ahhh come on dude. You really expect me to beleive that mental stuff and lots going on??? I woudn't know a thing about that kind of stuff going on. Afterall, we live in a stress free world don't we??? :roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

We really do, you get all the damn stress you want and even more for FREE. It really is a Stress FREE world we live in these days. :crazy:

:roflbow::roflbow:...I know...I know. I'm just hoping that this year turns out to be alot better than previous ones....I know this new job will make a HUGE difference, and will definitely provide a positive start...

nxtlevl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I did something similar with mine. Originally I just removed the little baffles, but I ended up hogging it out and installing "scoops" made from dryer vents. Now it sucks air directly from the fog light area.

Interesting......The guy that did my shifter plate might have some other pieces of aluminum laying around...Would be cool to fab up some boxes to replace the fog lights and run something up to the bottom of the air box......

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:roflbow: C'mon now.......You would have some fun in that!

True butthe wifey says no at the moment so I try not to tease myself :) once we get into a new house options will open again :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DucatiDave