92 K case 700R4 tear down

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ya mine is a light weight rubber gasket I probably over tighted it or something

IIRC, according to the book, it calls for 12ft lbs of Torque on the pan bolts. Myself, I don't get a FT LB torque wrench anywhere near an Auto Trans. I find it hard to believe a FT LB torque wrench can be accurate at 12 Ft Lbs. I've always use a 3/8 drive old fashioned bar and scale type INCH Lbs torque wrench. Multiply any Ft Lb spec by 12 and you now have your INCH Lbs spec. So 12ft lbs, x 12 = 144 In Lbs, and I torque to 150 In Lbs and never have a pan leak. I do the same on the front pump and valve body bolts. You go using a Ft Lb torque wrench on aluminum threads, you'll trash every thread in the bitch, not to mention squish the pan gasket.

Paulscrawler78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
5.7L
Looks like I'm not finishing the rebuild for a while so I'll put it back together just so I know how to do it and store it until I get done with school because between work and school I don't have any extra time hell I don't even get to see my family

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Looks like I'm not finishing the rebuild for a while so I'll put it back together just so I know how to do it and store it until I get done with school because between work and school I don't have any extra time hell I don't even get to see my family

Welcome to life !!! Yes, I'd put it back together if you're not building it. Parts will get lost and you will forget things.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
YUP, when the time is right that You can get the parts without going through the FIL situation then it`ll all come a lot easier.
At least You had the balls to get in there and give it a go, in less than ideal conditions too.

Paulscrawler78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 blazer
Engine Size
5.7L
Ya I hear ya both right now I'm working on getting this pig up to par as soon as I get my kiddo from school I'll be pulling the egr out and cleaning it along with doing front shocks and hopefully get the interior in orderas well

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've moved most of the content out to a new thread. This is your 2nd thread that started out as a Trans Thread and goes of for 40 pages 90% of it NOT being trans discussion, then noone gets any help from the thread and may as well delete it cuz they won't sort thru the TBI, EGR, gasket, Train motor .... discussion to find a answer on a 700r4.

SOOOOOOOOO I moved that part to another thread.
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6808

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Thanks hotrod sorry I go off tangent so much

Ain't no thang. Usually not a big issue, but you're threads get humpteen 40 pages long on all different subjects. I'll clean this one up eventually. Just so we're keeping the topics in the right categories so they help others too, and that the Search Engine searches are accurate is what's important. That's what brings potential members to the site, and if good info in the right place they're more likely to sign up and become a member. Just that the TBI EGR is a good topic and why I separated it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD