'89 Celebrity Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Don’t know why I thought of this. Kinda, sorta, maybe...
You must be registered for see images attach

It's funny, I always compared a Cavalier Z24 to a DeLorean.

Which by the way, an '86-'87 Cavalier Z24 is also on my bucket list. Hatch or notchback, no preference.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I bought an '84, complete with a carb'd 2.8, from my Uncle for $200, so I didn't have to drive my Monte through the winter. Drove it for three years until I sold it for $250! I beat the piss outta that thing and it took everything pretty good. Sold it to buy my grandpa's '88 Olds 98.

Just about everyone has had some experience with a Celebrity it would seem, and they are all good reviews. They really are good cars, and can be fun to drive too with the V6 and the F41 suspension.

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Did they make a Eurosport wagon? It seems one of my customers, an elderly lady, had a gray wagon, nice little car. She had me do all the service work and odds and ends on it. Her son sold it about a year ago for cheap!! It only had about 70 or 80 K on it and she hadn't hurt it yet.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
In other news, I guess I never checked the fluid level in the master cylinder. Apparently when it was processed at the junkyard, they sucked all the fluid out of it. Of course I thought to check the level today and it was empty, so I filled it back up. But after driving it around a little, it appears I need to bleed the master cylinder to get the brakes working. There are no obvious leaks.

Once it's streetable, I'm going to start swapping over the nice rust free doors and front clip from the '86 sedan, and then use a mix of interior parts from the '86 and also the '88 wagon that I have for parts.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Did they make a Eurosport wagon? It seems one of my customers, an elderly lady, had a gray wagon, nice little car. She had me do all the service work and odds and ends on it. Her son sold it about a year ago for cheap!! It only had about 70 or 80 K on it and she hadn't hurt it yet.

Yep, they sure did. In 1990, the wagon was the only model produced and 25% of them were Eurosports. I'd imagine that '89 production was similar. In '87-'88, they even offered a Eurosport VR station wagon that included a bunch of special body cladding. I have a couple VR coupes, one is a clone and the other is a real one. The real one was also located for me thanks to @RetroC10Sport

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Were these 9C1 Celebrities?

No, since they were detective cars they didn't order them that way. It was the first time they didn't use patrol type vehicle for detectives. They wanted more plain Jane cars that blended in better.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
No, since they were detective cars they didn't order them that way. It was the first time they didn't use patrol type vehicle for detectives. They wanted more plain Jane cars that blended in better.

That's a shame. If they had ordered 9C1 cars, there would be just a little better chance of me finding one of those 120mph speedo clusters, lol.

Now that the car moves under it's own power, it can now take up residence in the gravel driveway. That should slow down the rot on the underside of the car.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
thats why noone can find those headlights for the upgrade... you have them all

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
thats why noone can find those headlights for the upgrade... you have them all

Haha, I always thought they looked better on the donor source anyway.

I actually prefer the '86-only headlight setup, like this:

But I'll stick with the stock '87-'90 headlights to keep just a little variety around here, lol.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Cool little project. I'd rock a Celebrity if I found a stick shift Celebrity :)

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I haven't had much time for projects lately, so I'll go ahead and share the one project that I actually have worked a little bit on. I wouldn't have been able to purchase this car if it weren't for @RetroC10Sport as he is the one that made me aware of it.

I should get a commission for the Celebrities I have found for you. :happy175:

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Have many good memories in celebrities. All the ones I grew up with are long wrecked or likely crushed. Don't see them around here at all on the road but I do see the cousins. Olds ciera and quite a few Ciera wagons.
If you find a blue eurosport wagon I may have known it, all the others I've met were likely turned into hummer H1's or toasters.
The aluminum 5 spokes you are sporting were an upgrade on the celebrity and from what I recall an expensive option as the std eurosport still came with the rally's.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Have many good memories in celebrities. All the ones I grew up with are long wrecked or likely crushed. Don't see them around here at all on the road but I do see the cousins. Olds ciera and quite a few Ciera wagons.
If you find a blue eurosport wagon I may have known it, all the others I've met were likely turned into hummer H1's or toasters.
The aluminum 5 spokes you are sporting were an upgrade on the celebrity and from what I recall an expensive option as the std eurosport still came with the rally's.

Dark blue or light blue? The light blue are '88-'90 iirc, and I've seen a couple of those in the last few years. I can't remember the last time I saw a dark blue Eurosport wagon. The most common colors were dark gray and also white, at least in my area. I consider myself lucky to have got a black one.

Those wheels in particular were used in '84-'86 and while I've never seen them original on a non-Eurosport, I do believe they were available. The '87-'90 aluminum wheels were styled very differently and look like hubcaps to some people. I have a set of those too. But as you said, most of them came with the standard rally wheels.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Cool lookin throw back. Even better that it has sentimental value.

Was the driver side tail light melted in the first pic?

Doc_Ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500 shortbed
Engine Size
It's funny, I always compared a Cavalier Z24 to a DeLorean.

Which by the way, an '86-'87 Cavalier Z24 is also on my bucket list. Hatch or notchback, no preference.

Friend of mine in high school had a black z24 notchback, I think it was an ‘87. Cool little car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
86sunnyguy