'89 Celebrity Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Looks like one of Matt Krantz's cars.

Yep, the big difference is his is a 4cyl car and has the factory sunroof. And JA1 brakes. But they used to be near twins. He's been out here to the house a couple times and I've seen him a couple times while working around Stuart, he's a super nice guy.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Well it does fill the wheel well. Are they gonna fit when you change the suspension? The oem split spike alloy still looks great on there. It is a pretty small wheel though.

I think a 2 door itself is kind of an oddity. I don't know what percent were 2 door but they made millions of these things and most of them seemed to be 4 dr. And out of the millions only a handful still exist.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well it does fill the wheel well. Are they gonna fit when you change the suspension? The oem split spike alloy still looks great on there. It is a pretty small wheel though.

I think a 2 door itself is kind of an oddity. I don't know what percent were 2 door but they made millions of these things and most of them seemed to be 4 dr. And out of the millions only a handful still exist.

Yep, when I get around to the front coilovers, I'll actually gain a bunch of tire clearance. A-body struts have the spring perch really close to the tires. But the wagon should stay nearly stock suspension. HD rear springs and rear disc brakes are nearly a sure upgrade though.

I don't recall the total production of coupes, but it pales in comparison to sedans and wagons.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I forgot that I had stole this from the internet:
You must be registered for see images attach

Chevy thought pretty highly of the Celebrity, and rightfully so. But I bet there's more 57's still tucked away in safe places than there is Celebrities.

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I've never had a celebrity but I am just watching this thread thinking I must be missing something. Either you have lost your mind or I clearly have no idea on the value of those things. I keep checking back to see what makes them so great and still not getting it so I am thinking you are crazy. Hopefully it's just me being ignorant. :insane:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I had a couple of '85 centuries, never thought of them as anything more than generic transportation. Certainly never thought twice about them when it was time to send them to the scrapyard.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I've never had a celebrity but I am just watching this thread thinking I must be missing something. Either you have lost your mind or I clearly have no idea on the value of those things. I keep checking back to see what makes them so great and still not getting it so I am thinking you are crazy. Hopefully it's just me being ignorant. :insane:

:shrug:

My grandma used to drive one..?

Last edited:

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
It's a nostalgia thing really. Never had one either but I knew a couple well. Made millions but not as long as some of the other corporate cousins who continued on. They were one of the last bigger cars Chevy made without a bunch of safety stuff so they were way lighter than the replacement. Not just a little either, more like 1000lbs. They also rusted to hell and wrapped around telephone poles/trees equally well and with the slightest of ease.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
Just like a Squarebody, the value and simplicity fill a need, x2 for me, Buick Century variety.

Blue one is a '92 with a 3300 Buick V6 and 236K miles.
White one is a '96 (air bag and anti-lock brakes) with a 3100 V6 and 190K miles, bought new. Last year of this old body.
Both will exceed 30mpg on the highway.

To each his own...

Last edited:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
And I'll wait until the car looks a little better before I show y'all the rear underbody rot. Because right now, most of you would probably just suggest to junk it, lol.
I wouldnt! Ive got a super soft spot for celeb wags and ive watched my dad rebuild almost any car body part.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
:shrug:

My grandma used to drive one..?
So did mine.... as what started my love for them, my chilhood in it. And i wouldnt hesitate to buy another if given the chance.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I could just be crazy :rofl:

The reason I like the Celebrities so much is I like the clean styling (it's styled after the Caprice), they are comfortable, easy to work on, economical, very peppy for the time they were made, and they handle damn well with the F41 suspension. Like seriously well, especially with some easy upgrades.

And I've yet to do a non-stock engine swap on one, but there are SO many options to give them a substantial power increase, and many of those nearly bolt in with no heavy fab work.

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
I could just be crazy :rofl:

The reason I like the Celebrities so much is I like the clean styling (it's styled after the Caprice), they are comfortable, easy to work on, economical, very peppy for the time they were made, and they handle damn well with the F41 suspension. Like seriously well, especially with some easy upgrades.

And I've yet to do a non-stock engine swap on one, but there are SO many options to give them a substantial power increase, and many of those nearly bolt in with no heavy fab work.
How about a Fwd ls 5.3 out of a newer impala? They're low so it would clear the hood and made for fwd. Hint hint nudge nudge.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
How about a Fwd ls 5.3 out of a newer impala? They're low so it would clear the hood and made for fwd. Hint hint nudge nudge.

I almost bought one of those engine/trans combos but decided I won't have the time for that anytime soon. I think the biggest hurdle would be the strut tower to alternator clearance.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I was trying to get Steve Thompson with the 5 speed to get the engine from that Turbo GP that was in a local yard. But he didn't have room for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara