88 V30 Harmonic Balancer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZW813

Reaction score
First Name
ZACH
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30
Engine Size
454 TBI
I have a 1988 Chevy V30 with a TBI454, and have run into an issue. It has 2 V belts and a serp-style belt to run everything off the crank. The previous owner allegedly replaced the harmonic balancer, and the pulleys were out of alignment by less than 1/4" or so, just enough to squeal. I bought a new balancer from the local carquest to replace it, and now my crank pulley is roughly 5/8"-3/4" out from the others. I checked the part numbers on the pulley, and it matches the GM number. GM told me that it was a 2-year specific balancer, which has been discontinued, but napa and carquest obviously offered a replacement. I had a friend install the new balancer, and he is a world class GM tech, so I'm pretty sure that everything went together properly. I've searched the forums for the last week and can't seem to find anything that would help me, so I'm hoping that someone out there has some insight on this. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Zach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
82squarebodyLS