harmonic balancer bolt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeoverland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250/I6
Greetings all! I am in the process of replacing the harmonic balancer on the 250/I6 and i have a stupid question. Does this motor have a crank snout bolt that needs to be removed before i pull the balancer? I have looked, prodded and poked and I can't find one. I was going to pull the balancer and replace that and once that was done I was going to replace the transmission but if i have to pull the motor to fix a broken crank snout bolt........... Please let me know

Mike

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Only the high-performance small blocks had a bolt. You'll need to use a puller (borrow one from your auto parts store).
This tool can help you thread the crank for a bolt;

mikeoverland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
250/I6
Only the high-performance small blocks had a bolt. You'll need to use a puller (borrow one from your auto parts store).
This tool can help you thread the crank for a bolt;
th
that explains why there isn't one there...... Thanks for the assist and the advice.

Mike

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
Maybe I’m getting confused, but I think my original ‘75 engine and my GM crate 350 both had a bolt into the center of the crankshaft. It also has three smaller bolts to hold the fan belt pulley on.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Maybe I’m getting confused, but I think my original ‘75 engine and my GM crate 350 both had a bolt into the center of the crankshaft. It also has three smaller bolts to hold the fan belt pulley on.
We're talking a 6 cylinder here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg