87 S-10 project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Only a guess, but since 4.3 is a 5.7 (350cu in) with 2 cylinders cut off the back, I'd imagine the 4.3 would be the better more likley to match your 5.7 set up. No telling though. GM might have have just a different water pump and Tstat housing the change the direction of the inlet/outlets.

Your cheap way out on the trans, might be to go an auto NON electric trans and a B&M shifter. :shrug:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yeah, you want to run a 4.3 radiator and trim down some 4.3 hoses. I guess what some guys do is notch the core support and run an '80s Corvette radiator. It gets you more fan clearance.

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
I have heard the corvette radiator thing before. I will prob go grab a 4.3 one and make work. Thanks for the info guys.

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
Well I worked all day yesterday on this thing and made a little progress. I got all of the body work done on it, just need to pull everything apart to spray primer. I put on the four inch drop drops for the rear. And I made the old door panels look like new again. Here are a few pics of it at different stages.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
OH HELL !!! What a difference. That oughta re spark your interest and get you remotivated again. It's coming along just fine.

What did you decide to do about a trans? You gonna locate an NV3500 from a V8 GMT400 or 4.3 S-10/S15 or go with an Auto trans???

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Very cool man! That is going to look great dropped a bit :)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I like how it looks with the stock newer wheels. Any chance on talking you into keeping them on it?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Looks good, I need to come to your house for a little body work on my 82

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
I like how it looks with the stock newer wheels. Any chance on talking you into keeping them on it?

I kinda like the stock wheels better than the 20's I have for it as well. I'm either going to run the stocks or trade the 20's for some different 17's or 18's thinking some kind of 5 spoke like the cragers or one of there many copy's.

Very cool man! That is going to look great dropped a bit :)

Yeah the last few pics have the 4 inch lowering blocks installed. But I'm thinking it's going to need to come down about 2-3 more in the front and 2-3 in the back as well.

OH HELL !!! What a difference. That oughta re spark your interest and get you remotivated again. It's coming along just fine.

What did you decide to do about a trans? You gonna locate an NV3500 from a V8 GMT400 or 4.3 S-10/S15 or go with an Auto trans???

Yeah I'm excited about the progress and I'm ready to get this thing closer to completion. Haven't decided about the transmission situation yet still looking for a good deal on one. I have a turbo 350 I could use but that means I will have to swap columns, and pedals. I'm going to try and get more done and see if I come across any good deals along the way.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys! Trying to stay motivated and get this thing done, even tho this thing keeps throwing me curb balls all the way.

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
Alright everyone I am about ready to pull some hair out! I started on installing the new wiring harness and it sucks! Does anyone have any experience doing it because I need some help. The harness I bought is a universal one and I can't figure out how it is supposed to run. The part that I most confusing is for the headlights. It has like four sets of wires that all are for the headlights. Any advice or links would be much apriciated

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Alright everyone I am about ready to pull some hair out! I started on installing the new wiring harness and it sucks! Does anyone have any experience doing it because I need some help. The harness I bought is a universal one and I can't figure out how it is supposed to run. The part that I most confusing is for the headlights. It has like four sets of wires that all are for the headlights. Any advice or links would be much apriciated

Can you provide a link to the harness you bought? I want to see if there are any instructions or to see exactly what they provided as far as wiring, I might be able to help.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I haven't forgotten about you, just been super busy this week so far. I'll try and take a look tonight and see what I can figure out.

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
Well guys I have some good news and some bad news depending on what you like. After a lot of thinking about it I decided to sell the s10. A guy from Arkansas came and picked it up Thursday. Sold the 20's separate the same day. I have had my eye on a truck not too far from me for a little while now and was able to get it for a price I was very happy with.

Here is a pic of the new ride. It's a 1982 gmc 4x4 square body with a flat bed. it has a 350 that was recently rebuilt. Runs pretty good but needs some tlc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg