83 K20 for sale.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
You’ll get a buyer for your price or close to it.
But you gotta wait for that person who is looking for a perfect resto candidate.
It’s not a practical daily driver and it’s too nice/expensive for the backwoods hill jacks around here who have a bunch of “old squares” on the property and looking to buy one that actually runs.
Basically you’ve done about half the work/expense.
Most of the mechanical work is done and ready for another 20 years of operation, but non-op AC and cruise, new interior and paint needed are still significant expenses. Even for DIY buyers.
BTW I saw your truck sitting in my in-laws neighbors garage down in Nevada last year.
Guys door was open and I was like holy _____! Look at that!
My in-laws failed to even mention that to me or my son….FIL is not a car guy.
You must be registered for see images attach

Truck was actually from up here. Guy bought it new in 1980 whatever in Marysville. Had it repainted about 20 years ago and it’s been his baby ever since.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
The heads are Procomp PC3001-0606-0026 for the research I've done on them. I bought them new at a swap meet 15+ years ago.

They are a 195cc intake runners, the ports match perfectly with the edelbrock 7101 performer RPM intake, those measure out to 1.92x1.16 inch. I do believe they are also a 64cc chamber. They did require a slight longer push rod in order to get a flat angle for the rockers to valves. Valve seats and spring were replaced when the rebuild took place. The tall valve covers are not completely necessary but game better peace of mind and seal great with these specific gaskets from speedway motors

Block is .30 over, crank is stock but had to be taken down .10, pistons are aftermarket of some kind, nothing special 4 relief cut tops, same with the connecting rods aftermarket but nothing special.

I'll have to dig through some papers and find the cam specs.

Edit: Cam Specs are as follows.
speed pro cs-1013r cam and lifters.
  • 2000-4500 RPM Range,
  • 288 intake/298 exhaust Adv Dur,
  • [email protected] 214 intake/224 exhaust,
  • Valve Lift 443 intake/465 exhaust,
  • Lobe C/L 112

Last edited:

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
@Grit dog
I feel that you are dead on. It's definitely going to be a specific person who will be buying it. It won't be the person who asks me "Oh my, is that a carburetor?" It'll be just like that Nevada neighbor's, it'll get polished and buttoned up nicely and live a pampered life.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Good price, but it wouldn’t pass smog down here.

I certainly wouldn’t go any lower. No friends or relatives that’d let you store it for the time being?

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Good price, but it wouldn’t pass smog down here.

I certainly wouldn’t go any lower. No friends or relatives that’d let you store it for the time being?
There are but their shops are all full of their own projects. :rotflmao: I suppose I could try talking them into selling those to make room for mine.

My real hope was to win that big powerball, buy the neighbors house, knock it down, build a shop and fill it full of bow ties. But that didn't pan out unfortunately.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
There are but their shops are all full of their own projects. :rotflmao: I suppose I could try talking them into selling those to make room for mine.

My real hope was to win that big powerball, buy the neighbors house, knock it down, build a shop and fill it full of bow ties. But that didn't pan out unfortunately.
I had a similar plan with a similar outcome…dang it!

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well all,

Kind of bitter sweet, the truck sold today. Got my asking without any shenanigans, and it actually went to a guy who I feel will appericate and use it like it should be.

Of course, I'll be sticking around the forum. I like it here. And maybe in my future, I'll pickup another square, we'll see.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Well all,

Kind of bitter sweet, the truck sold today. Got my asking without any shenanigans, and it actually went to a guy who I feel will appericate and use it like it should be.

Of course, I'll be sticking around the forum. I like it here. And maybe in my future, I'll pickup another square, we'll see.
I bet. Seen how much time you put into that that thing.
Congrats on the sale. Proves you were on the right track.
Local buyer?
It’s easy to fix your squarebody depression. You live in the middle of squarebody heaven. Find another one! Lol

You can get into a clean C20 pretty reasonably…

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I bet. Seen how much time you put into that that thing.
Congrats on the sale. Proves you were on the right track.
Local buyer?
It’s easy to fix your squarebody depression. You live in the middle of squarebody heaven. Find another one! Lol

You can get into a clean C20 pretty reasonably…
Somewhat local. He lives in Lebannon so about 20-30 minutes away. Apparently, he also has a 89 suburban that he really likes. So it'll be a good home. I did mention if he decides to pull that engine to let me know and I'd buy it back.

scrap--metal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
'85, '81
Truck Model
K10, K20
Engine Size
305, 350
Well all,

Congratulations on the sale! I was wondering what you'd end up getting for it.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Congratulations on the sale! I was wondering what you'd end up getting for it.
I'm sure I ended up leaving some money on the table. Buyer didn't haggle or even ask about price at all. And I'm sure in other markets or different times I could have asked 15k for it and still been a decent buy/sell, but I'm happy with what I got and I think he feels the same way.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I wouldn't say you left much of anything on the table. Maybe last year, just because of the covid buying frenzy where everyone with a socket set and work from home job thought they'd become Gas Monkey Garage!

For perspective, our trucks are/were almost identical, and I could see just about all of the "new" stuff on your truck adding up to the difference between what I paid and what you sold for. You done good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep