83 c30 dually 454 with nv4500 swap need electric speedometer options.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83DuallyC30

Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I have a 1983 Chevrolet C30 dually that I just did a nv4500 swap in and looking to swap mechanical speedometer to electric speedometer.

1. Does anyone know what's needed to swap to a factory electric speedometer gauge and would it work with the nv4500?

2. I've also came across a Dakota digital option that uses electric speedometer signal and converts it so mechanical cable anyone doing this?

3. I would also like to put a tach in the cluster as well. I've seen the lmc tach kit to convert but how would that work with a electric speedometer?

4. With the cost of the Dakota digital box and the LMC tach kit I could just go after market new gauges anyone have a bezel and gauge ideas that look stock?

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have a nv4500 in my 85. Been down this road a few times. I highly recommend spending a little money and swapping the gauges to the Dakota Digital VHX. Easy Peasy and you will find out how much the Dakota Gauges can do. For example, when I changed gear ratios I had the speedo recalibrated in minutes without having to buy anything. When I install my new 33" tires this week, again, recalibration will take minutes. And so much more! You wont need a tach kit, the Dakota has everything.

83DuallyC30

Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Thanks for the reply, I've seen those and wondered if anyone had tried them out. Does it come with the dash bezel and how does it look installed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad