82 c10 8100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmonsterchevy

Reaction score
First Name
zak
Truck Year
Truck Model
stepside short box c10
Engine Size
has anyone tried to put a 8100 with an allison in there c10 im thinkin bout doin it i have a line on one for cheap 2wd tranny and all the wirin harness and computer i know i need to get a new driveshaft but what else would need to be done any frame or tranny well mods needed much appricate the help

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Sounds like a cool project man! I haven't seen any threads on it on here but I'm sure it has been done before. If not, blaze a new trail and create a build thread :waytogo:

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
I have thought about doing half the swap, allison trans to my cummins! Go for it man let us know how it works out!

Chris

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I haven't done one myself but after watching an episode of Powerblock this weekend I can tell you some issues you'll have to research. You may have to look into custom lowering motor mounts to set the engine lower in the cradle for bellhousing clearance, as well as lowering the transmission crossmember. May even need to lower the engine cradle as an alternative to having custom motor mounts made. Either or both options are much better alternatives to running a body lift to clear the trans hump. Your choice of exhaust (manifolds vs. headers) will dictate possible interference with things like steering shaft, transmission lines, transmission crossmember and things like that. The position of the transmission crossmember, in combination with the size of exhaust pipe + headers could require some special tight mandrel bent tubing to clear the crossmember. Also something you may not have considered is which oil pan is going to work best in your case. I highly doubt the factory one on the 8100 will clear everything like you want it to, especially if the engine has to sit lower in the cradle. I have a feeling the custom length rear driveshaft will be the easiest part of this project lol.

scmonsterchevy

Reaction score
First Name
zak
Truck Year
Truck Model
stepside short box c10
Engine Size
ya and the truck will be bagged so im gonna have to lift the tranny tunnel and nothing can be lower than it already is

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:popcorn: I'll be watching intently on this build. I love thinking outside the box type stuff :)

scmonsterchevy

Reaction score
First Name
zak
Truck Year
Truck Model
stepside short box c10
Engine Size
its not a for sure thing yet im just tryin to get ideas and all that bout all the work im not worried bout alot of the fab work im kinda hopin i can get to work on it soon time to go big or go home i guess

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06