80s k20 hazard light wiring...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mooman929

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
hello I have an early 80s k20 with a late model steering column with the tilt steering and wipers on the column. getting ready to get it inspected and I cant figure out the hazard lights. my fuse panel doesn't appear to have a 4 way relay. it only has turn signal relay on the bottom right hand corner of the fuse panel. it has a hazard/stop light fuse that's it. any idea how the flasher systems work or where the relay would be?

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
try looking for it on the other side of the column. not sure where they put them in each year but it may be over there next to the door buzzer.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
2 X George. Like this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Although the 84 cab I have in the shop has both flashers on the fuse block to the left of the column.....

mooman929

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Anyone have the wiring schematics for the flasher?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I have an early 80s k20

The "courtesy center" was introduced in 1985. Prior to that year both flashers were located in the fuse block.

Were you able to locate the hazard flasher - plugged into the convenience center? If so it is an 85+.

If you want the wiring diagram for your truck's hazards let me know the year.

The circuit is pretty simple though; unswitched battery power through the hazard fuse (orange), into the flasher - wherever it is located, out of the flasher on a single brown lead. That brown lead runs up into the steering column to the hazards switch. When it comes out of the hazard switch it splits into 4 separate leads that go to the various light assemblies.

mooman929

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I have an early 80s k20

The "courtesy center" was introduced in 1985. Prior to that year both flashers were located in the fuse block.

Were you able to locate the hazard flasher - plugged into the convenience center? If so it is an 85+.

If you want the wiring diagram for your truck's hazards let me know the year.

The circuit is pretty simple though; unswitched battery power through the hazard fuse (orange), into the flasher - wherever it is located, out of the flasher on a single brown lead. That brown lead runs up into the steering column to the hazards switch. When it comes out of the hazard switch it splits into 4 separate leads that go to the various light assemblies.

Ok thank you for the Info. I'll take a stab at it and see how I make out. I have the wiring there I just didn't know the color or where the flasher was cuz someone removed it from the truck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Misty Blue