8 inch lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

k20guy

Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
ok guy i was thinking of putting a all spring 8 inch lift on my truck witch is a 76 chevy k20 longbed 396 4 speed np205 tcase i know the front shaft will have to be made longer but will the rear shaft have to be longer to? its a one piece shaft with the slip yoke i think that's what they call it and are there any other problems that i mite run into? also whould 37 inch tires on 16 1/2 inch wheels look to small? thanks guys for any help.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Both shafts will need done. You will need longer brake hoses and for steering you will need a raised steering arm and a drop pitman arm. Do not waste time and money on a drop drag link, they are pointless garbage. Or you can spend a little more money and convert to crossover steering, for a nicer end result.

Military tires I assume. Which style 37's? The first style Goodyear radial ran a little small from what I remember. The later style MT/R or the BFG may be closer to an actual 37".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamberttt