'78 Olds Omega SX...lets see how this ends up..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Darkrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
1984/1986
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe/Sierra
Engine Size
350/305
I'm not sure unless that's a newer engine. The 601 head didn't come until 1979, and the 416 didn't until 1980. You'd have to double check the casting number and Google it to see if people do anything with it, and if not, you may be better off using your 601 heads you have access to. The 200-4R is a good transmission that'll be a nice addition to the car, and I'd suggest going the Quadrajet route. Once you have your specs figured out, you should contact Quadrajet Power on here and see if he thinks you need any internal upgrades on the carb to match the new engines specs. I don't think you'd need much if any but better check with a pro.

Original engine to the car. So i will pick up those HO heads then. I have a lead on a Performer RPM intake and a cam. Just gotta get the part number from the cam to get the specs.

I gotta vote for the 400/400 combo from the donor car you mentioned. That thing would scream with that setup.

It may still end up in there. But i may just save it for another GM project as i know where a couple of '69 GMC trucks are sitting...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krytza9911