78 Body Mount/body alignment questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edward Kish

Reaction score
First Name
eddie
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hope you guys can help so I don't lose my mind. After 3 months of hard work, my truck is so close to being finished, but I'm having body alignment issues.

First question: I got a brand new set of body mounts when I bought the truck, but no hardware or instructions. Four of the mounts are identical, and about an inch or so thick (tall?), and two are about twice as big. I cannot for the life of me find anywhere online that says definitively which location gets the larger mounts/bushings.

Second, I'm having a heck of a time getting the body lines lined up. Keep in mind, I replaced the entire lower floor (including floor support, frame support etc.) I also did some fab work on a few of the mounts on the frame that were rotted out (particularly the radiator supports). I'm fairly certain that everything went in at the right height, but I could obviously be wrong. Is there any resource that lists clearances and measurements to align the body with itself/the frame? I'm thinking like, "distance between lowest point of floorboard and top of frame should be X inches".

Any help would be appreciated-thanks guys!

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
perhaps the body mounts that are larger fit in the front where the frame swoops down? so those mounts need less distance than the ones where the frame is parralel as high as it goes with the bed to the rear, the bed should sit higher than a cab with no mounts i would think

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
The smaller ones are for the front cab mount and the core support mount. They are very similar. The large ones are for the rear cab mounts. If you don't have any of the washers, sleeves, or bolts I would recommend you just buy the complete body mounting kit from LMC. You have to have the sleeves and bolts, the rubber mounts won't do you any good without them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
630erik1