76 k10 8 inch lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strohl97

Reaction score
First Name
Quinn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hello everyone, new to the forum!.

Anyways, i just recently bought a chevy k10.

It's somewhat of a project, but nothing too bad.
I am planning to do an 8 inch lift in the next couple months. The truck came with a hideous and unsafe 6 inch body lift and an undisclosed suspension lift in order to fit the 39 inch tires.

Ill finally get to the point here, im unsure of which lift I am going to go with, but am confused about the front axle pinion angle.

If the kit comes with preshimmed springs, or if i have to add shims to get the correct pinion angle, wont my caster be extremely off? Id like to keep away from cutting the axle and turning the steering knuckles if possible. If anyone has an 8 inch lift thay can comment it would be greatly appreciated.

P.s. i am also planning to swap to a 3/4 ton 14 bolt axle so i don't slay shafts with 39 inch tires.

Thanks everybody!

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Welcome!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Strohl97

Reaction score
First Name
Quinn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks!

Id also like to add:
I don't plan on doing any hardcore wheeling with my truck. Mostly some fairly deep mud and dirt trails around the farm. So if I can sneak by with a 6 inch suspension and 2 inch body let me know. I dont need extreme articulation haha.

Thanks again everyone.

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
well if you want an opinion, here's mine. I don't like bodylifts more than an 1 inch. and I don't like suspension lifts more than 4 inches. I know others will disagree but that's my opinion. so there you go 4+1=5. done deal. let the flogging begin. highdesertranger

Strohl97

Reaction score
First Name
Quinn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
well if you want an opinion, here's mine. I don't like bodylifts more than an 1 inch. and I don't like suspension lifts more than 4 inches. I know others will disagree but that's my opinion. so there you go 4+1=5. done deal. let the flogging begin. highdesertranger

what would be my max tire size without any trimming if I would go that route?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
With 5" of lift you probably wil be ok with 35s. 33s for sure! 6" lift clears 35s for sure!

highdesertrange

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
35's should clear. another thing that's a good idea is to put ORD shackles on the rear of the front springs. they are much more heavier duty than the stock ones and give you about 1/2 to a inch more lift. highdesertranger

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dbello