73 Lime green colour

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig10

Reaction score
First Name
CraigC10
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hi all, I’m down in Australia restoring a 73 that is two time like green and white.
I have not been able to find anyone down here that can mix the original colour, the colour isn’t even in our Australian system. Does anyone know or have a formula for the 517 / WA5229 lime green base coat? Brand doesn’t matter, hopefully we can cross reference.

Attachments

• IMG_8100.jpeg
    IMG_8100.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Why did you make a post about a color without pictures?
Tell me why. Is that exclusively an Australian custom? Cuz it doesn't make sense to me.

Craig10

Reaction score
First Name
CraigC10
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I suppose I thought there was enough information in the post and a quick google would have shown the colour. But I will add a picture just for you.

roger0080

Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
The formula to mix 517 is going to be manufacture dependent in order to get a specific color using their paint ingredients and also whether the paint is Acrylic Enamel, Lacquer, Two Stage, other. IMHO.

Best find someone that can mix it and ship it to you.

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Base mixing colors have changed. A formula should be available with a reasonably close match.

Whatever you do buy more color than the project will require. A friend who does restorations buys 2 gallons of base when doing completes and saves second gallon for customer. Color match down the road may be a problem.

Just went through this on an old Ford green. New formula was so far off had to do a custom mix and it wasn't much better.

Fat 454

Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Suburban
Engine Size
Where abouts are you ? There are speciality custom colour shops that should be able to colour match to a sample ( certainly in Brissy, Melb and Sydney anyway )- Doubt you will get a good result from your local AutoZone. Best bet will be to clean the inside ( un-faded ) of either the glove box or filler flap, and they should be able to match that. Be aware tho' that if you are trying to match into existing paint ( as opposed to shooting the whole truck ), it will be too "bright / dark", as your exterior will have faded significantly over the years. A really good custom shop will be able to account for this and get closer, but you will never get a perfect blend in match if the paint is a metallic base.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad