'73 Chevelle SS Wagon (local find)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Hold on.
Wait.
What?

That's the same one right? You wanna give it back? Ok. Cool.
I don't remember whatever the deal was..you make it right for you and i'll be okay with the result...that sounds lke a pretty good deal. :)

That's a badass lookin part. Must have been a sweet deal for me to cough that up.... Ohh! I donated that thing to the SS badass wagon club...heck ya i'll take it back.
Thanks!

P.s. no pix of said badass wagon is wack yo.

 WACK!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hold on.
Wait.
What?

That's the same one right? You wanna give it back? Ok. Cool.
I don't remember whatever the deal was..you make it right for you and i'll be okay with the result...that sounds lke a pretty good deal. :)

That's a badass lookin part. Must have been a sweet deal for me to cough that up.... Ohh! I donated that thing to the SS badass wagon club...heck ya i'll take it back.
Thanks!

P.s. no pix of said badass wagon is wack yo.

 WACK!

No no, it's been a while so I'm not surprised your memory is foggy on it. The distributor in the picture came with the wagon. The one you sent me a while back was an older dual point distributor that you had, along with a fancy Accel coil. This distributor I just pulled out is newer (electronic, no points), but still old and out of production.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Would look cooler too! Gotta do something to help the looks! :happy175:
The GM Collonnade cars are very polarizing. Either people love em...or can't stand em. I like some more than others. When I was a kid watching NASCAR, that's what they were running; even Richard Petty ran a Monte Carlo for a bit.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The GM Collonnade cars are very polarizing. Either people love em...or can't stand em. I like some more than others. When I was a kid watching NASCAR, that's what they were running; even Richard Petty ran a Monte Carlo for a bit.

Ted is one that can't stand them :rofl: but he's a good sport and follows along anyways, lol.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Ted is one that can't stand them :rofl: but he's a good sport and follows along anyways, lol.
Not that i cant stand them, i just feel theres parts they coulda designed better. I still appreciate them if i see them! But there were generations where gm was just HORRID.... Lagunas and aerocoupes in specific.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Singin about some dude named Ted.
They got a wagon in that jam and  everything,!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Foggy? I guess that's one way to put it.
I don't need any broken parts dude, I only hang on to the good ish. Is teh ACCEL points ridin around in teh wagon or what?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well I've put about 250 miles on the wagon the last couple days. Other than the continuing and constant low RPM transition stumble, it runs fantastic. I even drove it in the rain today too, although not on purpose since I haven't yet went through the wiper system. But I got caught in a pop-up rain storm.

I finally remembered that I bought a cheap, universal car cover for it a few weeks ago. It was on clearance at a farm store in IL for only 15 bucks. The thing actually fits the wagon really well.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah, I know. The paint is crap and there's a bunch of rust. But my garage is dusty and birds/bats get in all the time, and the car still looks way better when it's clean.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Team chevelle says No need to explain. It's a sweet ride no matter what people think lol
^^^THIS^^^

And I am not a member of Team Chevelle, just an enthusiastic observer in the nose bleed section of the grandstands

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boukeelynn