73-80 Chrome brush guard - make me an offer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

42Grand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You're good guys. I've been out of town but the first chance I get to tear it down, I'll get you the pattern

42Grand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So I tried to pull it apart but the allen head bolts are bigger than what wrenches I have. I'm going to see if I can find or borrow one from someone and tear it down this week. Sorry for the delay guys.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
So I tried to pull it apart but the allen head bolts are bigger than what wrenches I have. I'm going to see if I can find or borrow one from someone and tear it down this week. Sorry for the delay guys.
Personal experience with those tube push bars with allen screws...... they rust on the bolt internally and will round your allen key before you move the bolt. I had one on my 94 burb and tried to tighten it up but couldnt... the deer i hit proved that they NEED to be rock solid tight!

You must be registered for see images attach

gotyourgoat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
gotyourgoat
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
smokin' 305
Personal experience with those tube push bars with allen screws...... they rust on the bolt internally and will round your allen key before you move the bolt. I had one on my 94 burb and tried to tighten it up but couldnt... the deer i hit proved that they NEED to be rock solid tight!

Jeebus. Killed the guard and it almost saved the grill. Hope it was the end of the miserable vermin.

donnieray

Talks to dogs and trucks.
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Truck Year
Truck Model
86 C10, 84 K10 MM7 NP833 option truck, 85 K10.
Engine Size
350,355;350.

Damn, it would have been way worse without the brush guard though. With the bumper twisted like that I wonder if it tweaked the mounting points on the chassis?

Hatchet54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 Sierra Grande
Engine Size
I thought I was the only one that put lucky horse shoes on my grille! Although in your case, it doesn't sound like it's all that lucky!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbass91120