6 lug conversion for 84 lwb....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uprdn84

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I got a stock(ish) 84 lwb looking to lay frame. but first i need to convert it over to 6 lugs. can yall get me a list together of EXACTLY what ill need? Thanks in advance.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Well, you could buy wheel adapters. That would give you the wider track width needed to run the modern high-offset wheels.

Or you could run 4x4 rear axle shafts and drums, and possibly have the front rotors re-drilled for the 6-lug pattern.

uprdn84

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I just bought a set of universal 6 lug 24" rims with a 4" lip.. not sure the offset. by buying 5-6 lug adapters wouldn't that cause my rim to stick out past the fender lip to far to tuck 'em when i bag this beast of a truck?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Holy hell look at this guy! :mfr_omg:

Amazing what a working starter can do to build confidence!! :grd: :roflbow: :popcorn:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I just bought a set of universal 6 lug 24" rims with a 4" lip.. not sure the offset. by buying 5-6 lug adapters wouldn't that cause my rim to stick out past the fender lip to far to tuck 'em when i bag this beast of a truck?

What's the width overall? What's the backspace?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
What's the purpose of converting to 6 lug? :shrug:

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Read HR the wheels he got are 6 lug. Other then adapters i think the only way to convert the front is to redrill the stock rotors.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Read HR the wheels he got are 6 lug. Other then adapters i think the only way to convert the front is to redrill the stock rotors.

Call me stupid, I USUALLY EXPECT the purpose of an issue to be in the FIRST post and it wasn't. I don't always READ every post when I have as many threads on 4 ..... well nevermind. Don't think I need to explain. Just sayin...

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
I know man just messin wiht ya lol. But yea i think id trade the wheels off for some 5 luggers instead of trying to convert to 6 luggers.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I know man just messin wiht ya lol. But yea i think id trade the wheels off for some 5 luggers instead of trying to convert to 6 luggers.

That's what I'd be doing. I thought when he said "lay frame" I thought maybe it was a 4x4 conversion or some other GMT400 Conversion some BS.

uprdn84

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Wow.... pc aren't you the one who told me this is my pig fuggit anyway i like? Lol anyway. since they have NO lift kits for the 2wd other than doing a spindle conversion to an early 90's 2wd spindle in order to buy lift spindles. doesn't that give you the use of 6 LUG rotors ?since the gmt400 were 6 and up? Yeah 89suburban i have major plans for this tonka. and the ignorance of me and my starter only lit a fire under my ass. lol. either way. what's the point of lifting a 2 wd? Okay what's the point of laying frame either right. i only want a slick ride. oh yeah. i ordered that harness from painless wiring .

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Wow.... pc aren't you the one who told me this is my pig fuggit anyway i like? Lol anyway. since they have NO lift kits for the 2wd other than doing a spindle conversion to an early 90's 2wd spindle in order to buy lift spindles. doesn't that give you the use of 6 LUG rotors ?since the gmt400 were 6 and up? Yeah 89suburban i have major plans for this tonka. and the ignorance of me and my starter only lit a fire under my ass. lol. either way. what's the point of lifting a 2 wd? Okay what's the point of laying frame either right. i only want a slick ride. oh yeah. i ordered that harness from painless wiring .

:rofl:, NO I wouldn't have said it's your pig fugg it anyway you like. I'da said, it's your party, cry if you want to. Meaning, it's your truck do as you wish. Which is true. We've got a bit of everything on this forum with our trucks. Some will like it, some won't, but that don't mean you should be trying to please everyone else. I did think of something though. For six lug, just find some 4x4 axles for your rear 10bolt and the brake drums too. I think the rest of it is the same. The axle length, the brake shoes and drum diameter. Then, lets see if a GMT400 2wd front rotor will fit your spindles. Or the wheel adapters as mentioned. Chances are with a deeper offset on the custom wheel you're going to be fine.

Wait a minute??? So how to do you fugg a pig anyway??? Aren't they shorter than goats? So does that mean you have to hold them by their back legs??? The dudes in Arkansas so I been told, put the goats feet in their boots then the goat can't run off. But pigs aren't as tall?? :shrug:

uprdn84

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Lol!!! I'm just talking mad crap bro no harm done. i picked up the wheels for cheap. i dunno how i should do this thing. i like the up look the down look and in between look. hence uprdn84. when i get a build going ill definitely let everybody know.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Lol!!! I'm just talking mad crap bro no harm done. i picked up the wheels for cheap. i dunno how i should do this thing. i like the up look the down look and in between look. hence uprdn84. when i get a build going ill definitely let everybody know.

Yeah I know what you mean. If you decide you want to deal with all that, just get you a 4x4 and rock'em, or sell them for profit. Or do what you gotta do.

But I still have to hear how you fugg a pig !!! :rofl: In AR, they put goats rear legs in their boots, in TX, they back a cow up to a tree stump, so I'm wondering about these pigs now. I hear LA has a bad wild pig population. Is it CA, when those women do them dogs they got arrested? Seems there was 2 of those in the last year or so. WTH is wrong with people???

uprdn84

Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Lol. someone in that tech thread i had going said that. i miss quoted. anyway down here on the MS gulf coast there are way to many girls to worry about pigs. lok.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrivTen