6.0 LS into 86 C10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks by the way does the tractor run?

JoeR Jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.0/4L80E
Thanks by the way does the tractor run?

It does. It's a 1927 Rumely Do-All. Took a long time to do a mechanical restoration on it. There aren't any parts available, so I had to make it all. Drive gears on the wheels, and the clutch pressure plate were the hardest.

Joe

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Awesome I had a WD45 I bought from a farmer about five miles from our home in the country he had used it for years to run his grain auger drove it home wow talk about a rough ride tires ha flat spots so bad of course was low on air too. It was fun to work on it took a lot to use it a real workout but used it to drag the driveway with.
Yours a 4 cyl

JoeR Jr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.0/4L80E
Yup. Waukesha XA Engine. Top speed for it is around 1600 RPMs. Runs like a Swiss watch. Rides really rough. I have no idea how someone spend a day in the fields with one. They must have been a lot tougher than I am.
Joe

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Understand I watched a Video of one being driven he go a workout must have a hand operated everything awesome machine better than walking behind a mule all day. Nice work, a good reminder of where our forefathers began.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Okay, I have to jump in here and ask some questions, I have a 84 K5 with a 04 5.3 setting in the truck, no transmission. Just bought complete running gear out of a 87 Suburban, would the transmission bolt to the 5.3 or would I be better to keep all the parts together from the 87?

If its a 700r4 then it will bolt to it. 700r4 and 4l60e are the same externally. That 5.3 looks to be drive by wire (do you have the pedal assembly and control module?) and it would be a pain to rig up the TV cable for the 700r4. If you're going to use the 5.3 either put a th350/400 behind it or go with a a proper electronically controlled trans.

Here's the final pic of the engine. I used an OEM air cleaner setup. Original setup came with the 85 mm MAF and plumbing. This one is the 100 mm (really only 93 mm) setup. I had to re-scale the MAF in the tune but I like the way it works. I like running a paper air filter instead of a K&N style. They filter better, and this setup allows me to get cooler air from the fender well instead of the engine compartment.
To use it I had to relocate the battery to the left side of the truck and build a bracket for the air filter.

Next will be to replace the 2.73 gears and open diff.

Joe

Lookin good man. I see you used one of those universal fuse panels. Mind posting a pic or two of driver side of the bay? I originally wanted to go with the OEM fuse panel but have since changed my mind and want less space taken up. Hope to have my swap done sometime before it gets cold lol.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thanks Chris, I’m gonna find a home for the 5.3 looks like it would be more trouble than I’m ready to deal with

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Thanks Chris, I’m gonna find a home for the 5.3 looks like it would be more trouble than I’m ready to deal with

No problem. Do you have the the pedal and harness and do you know what year the 5.3 came out of? Complete swaps are selling for around 6-800 by me. More for an all aluminum later model engine.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

It supposedly came out of a 2004 Suburban, might put it in my ‘40 Chevy Coupe we will see and yes I will need both all I have is the wiring harness from the fuse block to engine and trans

Last edited:

TravisB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I might be willing to deal with the trouble. You are an 8.5 hour ride from me one way though. PM a price and specs with what you have though. If the price is right the kids might want to go to the beach this year. lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128