4wd selector switch 05 silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Shouldn't it be in neutral when ya shift?

You can either be in neutral or park....or at least that's how it's supposed to work. Just for grins you might give her a whirl in Neutral as well.

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
yeah i tried in both. does the same thing

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
Ugh....then that sounds like the t-case isn't even getting the signal. I wonder if something like that would throw a code of some kind so you could see the error code that might be produced? Either a faulty switch (even if it's new) or a wiring issue somewhere I'm guessing. :shrug:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I can't see it being a wiring issue, the truck isn't that old. It has to be a component or a fuse or something. Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and reconnecting it, maybe something will reset or sumtin? :baby:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
Engine Size
350/350/454
The fuse idea is a good call! Have you checked that out? I do think that there is a fuse for the 4 wheel drive but I could be wrong on that.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
The fuse idea is a good call! Have you checked that out? I do think that there is a fuse for the 4 wheel drive but I could be wrong on that.
Doesn't hurt to eliminate the stupid ****, especially if that switch was bad. As a matter of fact, what process made ya thinnk it was the switch in the first place that was the problem? Could be the switch was fine and it's something else, like an actuator or a fuse or something?

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
What did you say or do to piss off the 4x4 system of your truck? LOL

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
What did you say or do to piss off the 4x4 system of your truck? LOL

i didnt do or say anything to it before it messed up but i would rather not write what i said after it did. but on a wierd turn of events i went back out there any messed with it. i drove it down the road and when i got back i put it in neutral and it went back into 2high and ever since then it has worked fine it goes in and out like it is supposed to, at least for now. i think im gona take it to the dealership some time and have them give it the once over and see what they think. i have seen a lot people talking about these trucks saying that the computer needs to be re flashed and other people talking about the servos

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
i didnt do or say anything to it before it messed up but i would rather not write what i said after it did. but on a wierd turn of events i went back out there any messed with it. i drove it down the road and when i got back i put it in neutral and it went back into 2high and ever since then it has worked fine it goes in and out like it is supposed to, at least for now. i think im gona take it to the dealership some time and have them give it the once over and see what they think. i have seen a lot people talking about these trucks saying that the computer needs to be re flashed and other people talking about the servos

lolshitsbroke

belowaveragecustoms

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Clayton
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 short bed 2wd
Engine Size
did you read my post about its working for now?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Atta buddy, you got it man, good as new! :High 5:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adhkjashda