40 Gallon Tank in Pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam Moskowitz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
6.6L Duramax
Who else has done a 30/40 gallon tank swap into a pickup? I'm putting a suburban 40 gallon tank into my crew cab long bed and looking for ideas on a crossmember and where people are putting their filler necks

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
i’m doing a 40 in my crew cab. just find my build thread. i haven’t made it to the filler neck yet though

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Please post plenty pics gentlemen. I was going to do this and realized I didn't like the tank that close to the rear axle. Now with a lift kit, that can become a moot issue but I didn't want to lift that high so I punted the idea,

Adam Moskowitz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
k30
Engine Size
6.6L Duramax
i’m doing a 40 in my crew cab. just find my build thread. i haven’t made it to the filler neck yet though

Just went through your build thread..great stuff man! Work looks beautiful and very similar to what I'm doing ironically haha (74 crew, 4x4 swap, 1 tons, 52" front springs, etc except I'm doing a duramax). Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Please post plenty pics gentlemen. I was going to do this and realized I didn't like the tank that close to the rear axle. Now with a lift kit, that can become a moot issue but I didn't want to lift that high so I punted the idea,

Will do. I'm running a 6" suspension and 1" body lift so I'm hoping it'll be comfortably above the axle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1