4.3L muffler recommendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So i cant leave well enough alone, i want to swap the exhaust on my s10 and need to know what after market mufflers sound best on a 4.3L v6. Anybody have one that can suggest something? Keep in mind i have dual flowmaster super 44s on my square so i dont mind it very aggressive . Just not sure what sounds good on a v6
I had a buddy in college. He had a 90s z71 with the 4.3. it was straight piped. That's it. I think it was only like 2" pipes. No cats , nothing, I think he had chrome resonator tips on it It sounded really good! Actually sounded deep and throaty. Was loud but honestly not obnoxious especially if you are use to 40 or 44 series flow masters

Last edited:

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
4.3's sounds pretty good with a mild flowmaster or equivalent 2 chamber, leave the cats in place.

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I had a buddy in college. He had a 90s z71 with the 4.3. it was straight piped. That's it. I think it was only like 2" pipes. No cats , nothing, I think he had chrome resonator tips on it It sounded really good! Actually sounded deep and throaty. Was loud but honestly not obnoxious especially if you are use to 40 or 44 series flow masters
My square has dual 44s with no cats... im used to it lol

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
This z71 with a 4.3 sounded good. I thought bit I ever had a 4.3 I would straight piped it just like he had. It sounded good!! And I am not a fan of fours or sixes trying to sound good. This thing was pretty deep sounding and it sounded good just slowly cruising around at low rpm. I don't recall hearing him wind it up much. But I did hear him get on it and still sounded good. He had a five speed manual.

Vbb199

B-rate Hillbilly Customs
Reaction score
First Name
Vince
Truck Year
89, 79
Truck Model
89 Suburban R1500, 79 C10
Engine Size
350, 502
I got a video uploading to YouTube, I'll let you hear my garbage.

The misses claims she can hear me coming from way down the road when I got it wound up to 5800 LOL

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
I've had a few different S10s with 4.3s, each one had a different exhaust. Honestly my favorite was the thrush glasspack I had on the '01 2wd pickup. The '03 ZR2 blazer had a dynomax, and after a while just no muffler at all. It was neat and all, but sounded kinda crappy and raspy. The '92 S10 Blazer sport had a 40 series on it which sounded "neat" but kinda dumb at the same time. The glasspack was spot on. I had an open element intake and a glasspack in place of the stock muffler with no tailpipe and it sounded straight up sexy, I loved driving it around. I miss that little piece of ****. It was the newest truck I ever owned (years old, not model year, I had it in '08 so it was only 7 years old at the time, that would be like having a 2013 nowadays) but it was also one of the cheapest most beat up vehicles I've ever owned so I sold it for next to nothing, but honestly wish I still had it (long story). Wouldn't mind getting another one if I could find a super cheap one that wasn't all ****** and rusty.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
This thread was like a month ago!

Needs update plix.

Super turbos do NOT sound like that but it wasnt bad. probably cost twice as much or more though... two mufflers is a critical error.

Last edited:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
This thread was like a month ago!

Needs update plix.

Super turbos do NOT sound like that but it wasnt bad. probably cost twice as much or more though...
Update is that all our dmv and notary places are shut down until further notice so truck is still not mine until then.:Stupid Me:

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Doesn't sound good either...
LoL
WAY Too loud and you know it sounds super **** somewhere 23-25-2700 and with 5 inch tips it looks effing dumb too. :imo:

I would rather have the stock system you couldn't hear TBH.
Chambered muffs in a v6?
Wasted a ton of money there.
"True duals" gtfo.

Resonator tips probably would have helped a ton. Smoothed it out. Resonators with 2 pipes, echos on one. :waytogo:

If they had an H pipe and resonator tips?? Mighta pulled it off with 2 mufflers and not had to overcompensate 5 inch tips.

That system sounds like it prematurely ejaculates doesn't it?

Little dick system.

*wags pinky at the narrator*

Dude in the cab wouldnt floor it either. Bitch ! bang redline, geez.
Supposed to be an exhaust video .
You don't know it has a limiter?
Skeert.
Gtfo.

No side shot? Fail. What does it sound liek from the stands? Curbside even , damn. If you ever run down the strip, they haz bleachers.

On the side. Duh.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad