350 water pump studs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wallace6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Ok so I just bought a new water pump and it didn't come with the studs.
Anybody have a part number? Or what size replacement bolts are? Gates pump 43099

Wallace6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Yes you all are correct but I don't have options like that where I live. I tried double nutting them to remove but they are weak and just bend. I would be super happy to just know what size I need in bolts if anyone knows. Thanks

75gmck25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25 Camper Special TH350 NP203
Engine Size
I’m confused. What options don’t you have?

Dorman or Help! branded parts are sold at almost all parts stores. If they don’t have them on hand, you can usually order them for free store delivery. The link I posted was for Amazon, and I don’t know anywhere in the US that they don’t deliver.

The threads on the stud are 5/16”-24 fine thread on one end and 5/16”-18 coarse on the other. Check the threads on the end sticking out (fine or course?) and by elimination you will know the threads on the other end. Then just buy about a 1 1/4” long bolt with the right threads to go into the flange.

If you clamp vice-grips on the stud, down next to the bottom where the stud is unthreaded, it gives you leverage to turn it. It will mangle some of the threads, but you can turn the stud.

dhartman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
c15
Engine Size
Ok so I just bought a new water pump and it didn't come with the studs.
Anybody have a part number? Or what size replacement bolts are? Gates pump 43099
Dorman 23733 or 23737 should be able to get them at any parts store.

Wallace6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Ok so I have basically rebuilt the entire cooling system and does anyone know if the gates pump 43099 is duel pattern on the hub? I replaced it all and the flange in the pump is not true. I kept losing the belt , bought a new water pump pulley and that's,when I took a straight edge to it and could clearly see, either the shaft is bent or the flange. I bought the pump from rock auto and they want me to pay shipping which will be a pain and cost me the same as I spent for the same problem. Anyone have a Delco number handy? I found 252-595 does that sound correct?
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod