2007 solstice gxp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
My across the street neighbor has one. Looks like it would be a fun light car for taking down some twisty roads and having a sport feeling without breaking the bank!

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
Sweet car. That intercooler has seen better days for sure. Turbo + 5 Speed = FUN...FUN...FUN

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Intercoolers are actually expensive. Thinking of buying universal cx racing and welding the stock side tanks on

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I want to keep this one. Gxp 5 speed.
Needs work like anything else that comes my way.
You must be registered for see images attach
Being a 5 speed would keep me entertained with this one. They are neat little cars. I do certianly like them alot better than a Mazda Miata. Of course they're a little bigger too but still, it's just a little 2 seater sporty type mid-life crisis mobile.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Sweet car. That intercooler has seen better days for sure. Turbo + 5 Speed = FUN...FUN...FUN
Agreed, the 5 speed and Turbo is what does it for me. Gotta be a fun little to ricky race around town in.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Agreed, the 5 speed and Turbo is what does it for me. Gotta be a fun little to ricky race around town in.

My '07 Forester is turbo and 5 Speed. It's a blast. Me and the wife love it. The dogs, not so much...lol...

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
Engine Size
No point in ls conversion when 320ish hp is enough for me.

The torque spike with the turbo is truly rush inspiring. See a long hill, no problem going up it. Need to pass someone, hit the pedal and around them you fly.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Looking at the map sensors, this one might already be the 290hp tune. Will investigate some more. Polished the headlights and ordered front grills for it. Also need to reseal rear window and fix door window regulators.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
The torque spike with the turbo is truly rush inspiring. See a long hill, no problem going up it. Need to pass someone, hit the pedal and around them you fly.
had a urS4 audi. that was the nice thing about freeway driving with the manual--when you make full torque at 1900rpm, top gear almost any hill. then I went from ~10psi to 17psi and it would pull any hill in top gear as long as you were doing at least 45 mph to begin with. that inline 5 20 valve turbo was a great little engine. wish I could have kept that car...1 of less than 3000 in the US that year iirc, but I needed to pay off my student loans asap.

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Looking at the map sensors, this one might already be the 290hp tune. Will investigate some more. Polished the headlights and ordered front grills for it. Also need to reseal rear window and fix door window regulators.

I had the Stage 1 kit installed on the Balt when it came out.
That's the way it should have come from GM !

Later, someone came out with an adapter kit so the harness did not have to be cut.

Sometimes being a first adapter is not as good ...

Oh, well.

Stage kit caused the demise of the OE Continental tires, too ...

:eek:

:Big Laugh:

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Verified that it is on the stock 260hp tune. Ordered air filter, spark plugs, and four struts. Also ordered intercooler for 1g eclipse. Dimensions are almost exactly as needed and even outlets almost in the right place. Then will need to decide if I want to dump $100 in credits to tune it. Already have a roughly 300hp tune ready. Could bump another 20 or so with cat removal and better charge pipes.

Also lack of Bluetooth is annoying, but turns out modules from 09 gm cars plugs right in. So Bluetooth is on the way.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
If you do decide to let it go, I have a friend that will likely buy it in a heartbeat.
It can always go away if someone really wanted it, but I want to keep it for a while.

Started doing bumper repair. Going for a plastic weld and then a little touch up paint. Have to clean all the old glue that someone tried using.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Mock up of the grills with only bumper work on the back side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28