1991 suburban 350 keep?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjohn

Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500 suburban
Engine Size
Just wanna get people's opinions on the original 5.7 tbi shes got 180km runs smooth, for sitting 12 years.i was initially goin to put a 400 small block in but she runs to good. So iam gonna keep this tbi, just clean her up.just wondering if I can even get this old 5.7 to spin the rears lol. shes a gutless motor I have a stock tbi in my daily 94 she sounds like your goin fast but doesnt spin tires. I just want this square to have a bit of power, the previous owner said the head gaskets went so when the shop redid them they installed vortec heads I have no ideas how to check this, but it sounds like a forward step in performance from what I hear.

You must be registered for see images attach

Itali83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
1982, 1987, 1987
Truck Model
K10, 'burban C10, Jimmy
Engine Size
350, 6.2, 350
I’d keep the tbi personally. From someone who has all styles of square bodies. The suburban is last one I feel the need to do burnouts with. They’re so big and bulky that I don’t even try to corner carve or throw it around at all. Don’t get me wrong, it needs to get out of its own way and merge on the highway decently, but that’s about it for me.

take the tbi motor and tune it up and enjoy it for what it is. You start swapping motors, Swap to carburetor and things will just not work together as nicely.

you can tell if it has vortec heads by looking at the intake manifold to head bolts. If they are vertical, it’s got vortec heads. If they go in on an angle, they’re the regular tbi heads.

Ben

rjohn

Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500 suburban
Engine Size
Yep iam leaning that way Ben, just clean her up and send it

Latest posts

Forum statistics