1991 C/K ALDL wire colors & positions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
When I got the wires etc from the 1991 Chevy standard cab donor truck I didn't get the ALDL connector.

Later I cut one off some GM at a junkyard but where the pins are in it doesn't match up with anything I'm finding online. All the DIY build your own ALDL to PC data cable schematics say there's a pin at 2nd from the left in the top row, but the connector I have has no pin there.

Here's the connector I have, X = no pin
XXOXOO
OOXXXO

Colors
X, X, BROWN/WHITE, X WHITE/BLACK, BLACK
RED, TAN/WHITE, X, X, X, ORANGE/BLACK
I want to move the pins as needed to match what the 1991 truck had.

Galane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 3500
Engine Size
Black/white and white/black stay where they are. SES light wire in position D.Position M for serial data not used for V6 or V8 and some diagrams I've found show an orange wire foe serial data.

I have an orange wire tagged ALDL... so the other serial data position is E.

Now what I have left is the park/neutral wire, which I saw ONE image with its position noted but I can't find it now. Probably not super important to have it in the connector but it's there so I want to have it in the right spot.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
hmmm, This is rare? How did we not get this member any help fellers? You have any idea @89Suburban ? I know been busy as hell the last few weeks. Maybe @chengny has a diagram that will help. Anyone else? @foamypirate might even know too.

I found this thread looking for a ALDL pinout info myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade