1986 GMC Sierra 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichardCranium

Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
I bought this truck a couple weeks ago intending to pull the transmission from it to use in another truck, but I had been told that the engine had internal issues. It's a 4 speed by the way. Anyhow when I went to get it, mind you it had been sitting I'm told for 6 or 7 years, I poured 5 gallons of gas it, put in a good battery, primed the carburetor and it fired right up. I drove it home, about 20 miles. I could tell it had set for a minute, no doubt, but as to internal problems I had some doubts. It could surely use a tune up, but I decide to check it for compression and it has 145ish lbs. on all 8 cylinders. Are these 4 doors, with the 8' bed something you see a lot. I honestly didn't even know they made them. I've starting pulling the transmission yesterday because it could use a clutch also, and I haven't even washed the moss off of it. But I'm curious what anyone here might think. I'll tell you that I almost feel guilty about this last part, but it's where it was priced to me. I gave $700
This last part os going to be pretty messed up i think because I'm tech illiterate. I doknow if the picturrs came through and i cant sew what im typing until i hit save when i try to edit it doesn't go all thd way tothe end of where i left off I'm a little tech for it

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Crew cab long beds were available in the square body trucks as 20/25 series (3/4 tons) and 30/35 series (1 tons). By '92 when the OBS crews and SUVs were available, the crews were only available on the 3500(1 ton) platform. I have one of these, a '97 model. Dad always wanted a square body crew cab, but we never got one.
The square body trucks were also available as 4 door Bonus Cabs, without a rear seat; the idea was to give lots of locking storage. As far as I know, this also did not transfer over to the OBS trucks.

RichardCranium

Reaction score
First Name
Barry
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra Classic 1500
Engine Size
I'm what they call technologically challenged and having a little trouble navigating. I tried to and thought I did post a couple pics of my 4 door (3+3 it says on it) but I can't find them so I imagine they somehow didn't come through

1lejohn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
john
Truck Year
1985 , 2004
Truck Model
k-1500, 2500 HD
Engine Size
350, 6.7
I got a laugh out of your member's name!:D Pun intended. The 3+3 was advertising that 6 people could ride in the truck.

Last edited:

Strick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Crew
Engine Size
Hey Dick Head...umm...I mean Richard Cranium...we have no pics of the crew cab!

HS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod