1985 chevrolet silverado K20 4X4 opinions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Ok, so I found a project i want to buy. I really dont need the truck. I really dont want to sell either because i dont think Ill ever find a truck this clean with almost no rust either. So Im going to put it out there for 30 days. If it dont sell, im doing the 6.0 4L80E swap. So this is what i have.

If anyone thinks the price is out of line please tell me. I would also Like your opinions on the truck.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4822041180.html

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Price is a regional thing so I won't comment on that.

I always wonder why people say in their ads things like "paint just needs polishing" or "interior will clean up nice." If it's really no big deal then the seller should do it before posting the ad. And posting a pic of the bed with a bunch of leaves and crap. Really? You couldn't hose it out first? Sorry, but it makes you look lazy. I'm thinking "Hmm, if he couldn't even clean out the bed he probably never changed the oil."

Don't mean to sound harsh but you asked for opinions and that ad isn't going to have buyers running to your door.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Price is a regional thing so I won't comment on that.

I always wonder why people say in their ads things like "paint just needs polishing" or "interior will clean up nice." If it's really no big deal then the seller should do it before posting the ad. And posting a pic of the bed with a bunch of leaves and crap. Really? You couldn't hose it out first? Sorry, but it makes you look lazy. I'm thinking "Hmm, if he couldn't even clean out the bed he probably never changed the oil."

Don't mean to sound harsh but you asked for opinions and that ad isn't going to have buyers running to your door.

Now thats An opinion!!!! :cheers:

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
It might sell st tax time. I would finish the polishing the reset of the truck. For that kinda money it should look sharp honestly the most I'd pay for it right now if I was shopping is 3 grand. Hey that paint shiny man. 2 the buyer doesn't need to know you found another project kinda makes a person think what's wrong with this one...cheers

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The body panels look mismatched because they aren't all polished. You would probably get you 65 if you had already done the 454 swap. Idk just seems like the people that are looking for 3/4 ton long beds aren't willing to drop $6500 on one but I'm sure there are exceptions. Good luck selling it it really Is a nice truck. Wish it had a manual trans in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
For Me the first "RED FLAG" IS, surface rust.
The molding looks like it had been submerged in salt/ocean waters, HOW MUCH RUST HAS SOAKED THROUGH UNDER THOSE ?
Price is too high too. As stated, three grand to thirty five hundred would be OK, but, it also makes Me wonder about the electricals and how much corrosion they might contain.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
The old insulation hanging down from under the hood wont help your cause any either. Just rip it all off so it looks clean. Don't need that stuff anyway.

Perhaps the trim can be cleaned up or removed. I know the stuff is glued on and is rubber so it is infact impossible to rust but not every one else does.

Don't even mention the 454 and sell it separately or park it in the corner of your garage for later.

The truck looks pretty solid but I think $4500 - $5000 grand is what its worth

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
The molding looks like it had been submerged in salt/ocean waters, HOW MUCH RUST HAS SOAKED THROUGH UNDER THOSE ?

Dry rotted from the sun.. 0 rust. But yea, they need replaced.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Lil constructive criticism... never sell something dirty or not shiny if it can be cleaned up. People won't want to pay you half of what you want. The unfinished panels make the truck look like it has parts from another truck. The fact that you have a engine you want to sell along with the truck makes one think why didn't he put it in? You'll find out the people interested will ask why this and why that... I say clean it up bud :)

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Lil constructive criticism... never sell something dirty or not shiny if it can be cleaned up. People won't want to pay you half of what you want. The unfinished panels make the truck look like it has parts from another truck. The fact that you have a engine you want to sell along with the truck makes one think why didn't he put it in? You'll find out the people interested will ask why this and why that... I say clean it up bud :)

Lots of good points from everyone. Im going to take the time to get it cleaned up and shiny. What the hell, i gave the sale 30 days. I got time. :cheers::cheers:

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
When your done put the word edit in the title

Latest posts