1982 suburban diesel ...lifted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bontetinker

Reaction score
First Name
Rogier
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Maybe with a Mini Cooper in a 40ft, so we can share the cost.

Brandon

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Sorry Guys, I bought this truck a couple weeks ago. Glad to be a new member of this fourm.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Oh, you're saying you bought Adams Burban??? That's cool. So we get to keep the Burb on the Forum, just a different new owner. Welcome Aboard. !!!

So how are you liking it so far???

Brandon

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Thanks for the welcome! The Suburban has been treating me pretty well, Just trying to get the A/C replaced and a few other little things. Its my first Diesel vehicle and trying to learn all i can about it. I will be around this forum quite often. Thanks again Guys

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Welcome to the Suburban club :favorites13:

Joeairforce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Truck Year
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
6.2L N/A Diesel
There are basically three versions, all run the 350 block // C-code (350ci), J-code(379ci), and J-code commercial/military(379ci). All have identical short-blocks. differences are primarily externals, e.g. cylinder heads, pre-combustion chambers, injection pumps, OEM injector nozzles, intake manifolds, exhaust diverter on one exhaust manifold, and emissions packages, with both J codes having upgraded pistons and cam.

When GM refers to HD with 6.2s, it's ususally to qualifiy for less restrictive emissions packages.

Converting to a gasser is rather simple with the C code, less so with any J series

I don't know where you got your information, but it's wrong.... The C and J code engines are the EXACT same 6.2L (379 ci) engine except for the IP adjustment and intakes. The c-code engine just got an intake that had EGR... Otherwise they are the EXACT same engine.....

So your statement about a simple conversion to gas with a c-code is completely wrong too...

Sorry for the rant.... and welcome Brandon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76