Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I don't have time to reread all if that to see what your exact symptoms were, but the glowplugs will short-cycle a few times after start and they will short-cycle after the wait light goes out if the engine isn't cranked. Hope that helps.

Subourbon

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2 V8
They were short cycling in a nblinking pattern even with the engine on
I tried to bypass the connector tonthe temperature sensor by unplugging the connector and putting a wire between the 2 "input" wire to the connector.
Same issue. I believe that rules out the temperature sensor, assuming I performed the test accurately.
Took apart the GP relay to clean it and test it.

I've got a simple powerfist 8347676 multimeter. Lowest ohm setting is 200.
It's weird because I got a negative value of -138 ohm at it's lowest with relay energized, then up (or down) to -199 ohms while it was blinking, and every value in between, but never lower than the -138
Once the relay is energized, I believe I'm supposed to have a near zero value. Don't quite understand the negative values but anyways, that's besides the point (I did try flipping my leads around but i got the 1 value, signifying infinite.
Also, I went to the audible continuity setting and have the beeping sound from the multimeter)

So my question is this now,

Could a relay still have the audible click, but yet still be considered bad?
As in, the electromagnet is energized but can't keep itself energized due to whatever could be wrong with it? Or not energized enough to keep the circuit closed.

Thanks again everyone, I am tempted to Fire the parts Canon like a user suggested, I jist want it to be the right part!

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
You may do better to measure voltage on the solenoid with it energized. Something that experiences a lot of arcing like the contacts on a solenoid may not show continuity with the low amperage that a multi-meter can supply, but may still work with real current.

Subourbon

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2 V8
Will do that
Had to fix the water heater yesterday, cold showers are no fun.

Finally found the right terminology for meniscus though, I kept saying blinking.
Its relay chatter.
Thought it was weird that almost nobody on all the internet didn't have the same problem.
Dieselhub.com says that relay chatter coming from controller is almost always a faulty controller.
But I'm gonna test the relay, I believe the contact opening and closing like that made it very unhappy.
What kinda voltage can I expect across the relay to know if it's good or bad?

Subourbon

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2 V8
Meniscus? My issue***** holy frigging typo.

Subourbon

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 suburban
Engine Size
6.2 V8
So I got my gf to turn the key to cycle the GPs while I had the multimeter on the relay terminals. Dropped to around 0.35v
I believe that's a pass.
So thay pretty well leaves the controller.
Or the temp sensor, if I ****** up the bypass test.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El82Blazer