1981 Buick Regal Indy 500 pace car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
New exhaust and carb ordered hopefully the exhaust gets here before the weekend I would like to go ahead and install it

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
One more piece to the puzzle showed up today

You must be registered for see images attach

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
I know this doesn’t help the car run or drive but it’s a little detail the car needed. I ordered a new set of GM keys and had them cut. Much better compared to the generic locksmith keys

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I know this doesn’t help the car run or drive but it’s a little detail the car needed. I ordered a new set of GM keys and had them cut. Much better compared to the generic locksmith keys

I like that t6 keychain!

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
My friend LOVES grand nationals, i should find him one

I miss mine I had a 86 I lost it in a house fire and shortly after bought a 86 t top car but just didn’t have the same spark was pretty numb after the fire so I sold it. I will get another one but want another 86

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
I miss mine I had a 86 I lost it in a house fire and shortly after bought a 86 t top car but just didn’t have the same spark was pretty numb after the fire so I sold it. I will get another one but want another 86

:eek::eek::eek: for one... YOU LUCK BASTARD!! For two... thats a damn shame! ****** way for a gorgeous semi rare car to die! I feel for you!:bawl:

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
:eek::eek::eek: for one... YOU LUCK BASTARD!! For two... thats a damn shame! ****** way for a gorgeous semi rare car to die! I feel for you!:bawl:

If I could have brought the car back I would have however it would’ve have taken a extensive amount of metal work due to heat damage. I was truly broken hearted I had done quite a bit of work on just a couple months prior only to have a stupid house fire ruin it. If I would’ve known at the time I would’ve moved it away but I just didn’t I thought the fire department would’ve done more in the amount of time they had. Needless to say I learned my lesson. This was after the fire it makes me sick. I did buy it back from insurance and it went on to help some other cars including the t top car I had

Last edited:

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
If I could have brought the car back I would have however it would’ve have taken a extensive amount of metal work due to heat damage. I was truly broken hearted I had done quite a bit of work on just a couple months prior only to have a stupid house fire ruin it. If I would’ve known at the time I would’ve moved it away but I just didn’t I thought the fire department would’ve done more in the amount of time they had. Needless to say I learned my lesson. This was after the fire it makes me sick. I did buy it back from insurance and it went on to help some other cars including the t top car I had

I would have cried on it!! Thats a damn shame. At least she was an organ donor!

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size

Btw ive sent both of those pics to my GN loving best friend and hes jealous and sad

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
Yeah it was a very bad deal. But I will get another one just needs to be the right car. I was actually going to buy a 84 GN and the car sold before I could get to Va to purchase and that same day the Indy came up for sale so I purchased it

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
Yeah it was a very bad deal. But I will get another one just needs to be the right car. I was actually going to buy a 84 GN and the car sold before I could get to Va to purchase and that same day the Indy came up for sale so I purchased it
This is the only buick t6 keychain i can find lol its just as good though.

Doc_Ellis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500 shortbed
Engine Size

Haha I’m fussy about that too. My truck is ratty as hell those are one of the first things I bought for it

NCTyphoonKid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Korey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado R10
Engine Size
After breakfast I got busy working on cleaning and painting some more parts. But the power steering/ smog pump bracket I decided to modify I have three of these brackets and the original Indy one is put away so with one of the spares I decided to cut the ears off that hold the smog pump as I’m not going to use it on the car right now, after cutting and grinding I hit it with some fresh black paint. I think once I get my welder I’m going to tack on a flat piece of metal to cover the rectangle hole at the top of the bracket but for now it is good enough to use and looks presentable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84