1979 C10 Door Hinge Pins & Bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TuKool

Reaction score
First Name
Lyndon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Does anyone have a write up or video on replacing these as well as where to get parts?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
[yt]U66md-VNDlI[/yt]

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Does anyone have a write up or video on replacing these as well as where to get parts?

I just did mine last summer but sadly did not get any pictures. I went with dorman door pins because of the quality of the materials. If you go with the doorman route you will need a small grinder with a cutoff wheel and indexed drill bits.

i talked to another guy that found the factory style plastic bushings that dont require drilling, not sure where those come from though.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I just watched that video, he did it completely different than I did. first thing I did was completely remove the door so I could get to the pins and cut the old ones with a cutoff wheel. I had to cut them because they crimped each end from the factory so they could not really be pounded out easily. Once you cut the pin everything comes apart easily. The bracket that is bolted to the cab can stay in place so there is less work lining up the door. Not sure what this guy was doing with the torch.....

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Thx guys...

Good opportunity here for you to do a write up that we don;t have here man. Good luck to ya, watch your fingers, lol...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derek87