1977 K10 Beater

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Oh wait a minute lol what transfer case do you have?

luecke83

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It's a full time 203 case.

This is the rear drive shaft slip joint.
You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ya that dodge drive shaft will not work on that 203. FYI the 203 is the worst transfer case GM ever used.

The 205 has a little round cover with 3 bolts in the middle on the back face of the case. The 203 does not have this cover.

IF I were you I would look at replacing it with a 205 or one of the newer cases like a 208 or 241

luecke83

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I would like to have the 205 case. Will it bolt up to the TH350? Are the drive shafts different?

Boonie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
I have never had a problem with a 203. mine has 41 years of grain trailers, fuel tanks, and assorted other trailers on it, never been rebuilt. I admit, I imagine it is due for one, and will be getting rebuilt along with the rest of the truck. hopefully over the winter, but money will tell what I get done

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have never had a problem with a 203. mine has 41 years of grain trailers, fuel tanks, and assorted other trailers on it, never been rebuilt. I admit, I imagine it is due for one, and will be getting rebuilt along with the rest of the truck. hopefully over the winter, but money will tell what I get done

Its not that the NP203 is a bad transfer case. Its the fact its a full time transfer case unless you get a part time kit which in itself causes other issues.

They are also known for linkages to become worn and no be able to shift correctly or at all without great effort.

luecke83

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
[/URL][/IMG]

Just got my drive shaft back today. I dropped off the new Vortec heads, cam, lifters, rockers, intake, and gasket kit the other day. The block is done and the new pistons, rings and bearings are in. The block is decked so they are going to measure for pushrod length. They told me it should be ready in the next week or two.

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
[/URL][/IMG]

Just got my drive shaft back today. I dropped off the new Vortec heads, cam, lifters, rockers, intake, and gasket kit the other day. The block is done and the new pistons, rings and bearings are in. The block is decked so they are going to measure for pushrod length. They told me it should be ready in the next week or two.

Oh sweet! You'll definitely need the new drive shaft lol

luecke83

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
[/URL][/IMG]
Playing around at the rock quarry. Might have to do something different with the rear bumper.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Nice

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
^I agree. You won't want to drop that truck down after driving it awhile. BTW- Welcome and keep the pics coming.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
630erik1