1976 K10 Fuel Filler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vicnation

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tristan
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have to replace my right bedside due to severe rust. I also have to replace my gas tank for the same reason. I would prefer having a gas door rather than the cap that installs in the side of the bed. Looking at the parts diagrams on LMC, it looks like the bedsides with doors have a different filler neck and the geometry may be different as well. Would I need to get a tank for a different year model than the one intended for the '76? What else would be needed besides the bedside, fuel filler, and fuel door?

What is the difference between the 1976 tank and the 1981 tank? There appear to be different part numbers.

Thanks...

chevyk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
1984 chevy
Truck Model
k-10
Engine Size
358 Dart block with aluminum heads 430hp/450ft-lb torque
I have to replace my right bedside due to severe rust. I also have to replace my gas tank for the same reason. I would prefer having a gas door rather than the cap that installs in the side of the bed. Looking at the parts diagrams on LMC, it looks like the bedsides with doors have a different filler neck and the geometry may be different as well. Would I need to get a tank for a different year model than the one intended for the '76? What else would be needed besides the bedside, fuel filler, and fuel door?

What is the difference between the 1976 tank and the 1981 tank? There appear to be different part numbers.

Thanks...

From what I researched when I did my 84 the bedsides are the same just need to order one with the door. The door came on my new bedside. I will tell you that every right hand aftermarket were not made like the originals. The left ones are decent with a few minor adjustments. I bought 2 and ended up buying a bed to get a decent right hand bedside. You will need the filler neck hose, the plastic holder that bolts to the bed and holds the neck. The vent hose and 2 large clamps and 2 smaller ones for the vent hose. That's all I know of to get r done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76