1974 Chevrolet C10 Stepside Build....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
I ended up going with “American Autowire” for my wiring harness. They make a great kit. Plug n Play.

-Jason

You must be registered for see images attach

is your fuel cell(efi???) going to have clearance issues?It appears to hang low. But nice looking unit you got going.

Jason Reed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K-15
Engine Size
Got the cab mounted last week. This week should be good progress. Front fenders, rad support, hood. Complete the front half then start to work on the interior.

-Jason

Jason Reed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K-15
Engine Size
is your fuel cell(efi???) going to have clearance issues?It appears to hang low. But nice looking unit you got going.

Thanks. Yes, fuel cell is EFI. And yup, it’s low right now as I am waiting to get all the correct bed weight and everything mounted to see what height I want to change out the rear leafs too and the correct shock length to use.

-Jason

Jason Reed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K-15
Engine Size
Brought the truck back to the build shop after the painter mounted the cab. I’m really happy with the paint. That orange really makes it pop.

- Jason

Jason Reed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K-15
Engine Size
After a month or so, got back on the build and brought the truck back home. Brake Booster, stereo, front end in.

Jason Reed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K-15
Engine Size
I posted this question in the TECH (suspension area), but hoping someone can help me in this thread. So now, I'm at 5.5" Front (2-1/2" drop spindle w/ 3" drop coils) & 7" Rear (flip kit). When doing these flip kits, it is normal to keep the normal OEM springs in these? Or what lowered rear leaf should I go with the level out the truck? Any help is appreciated. My truck currently sits lower in the back(I know I'm missing some engine weight). The PO replaced the rear leafs or took some out and its "SUPER" soft and lower.

I'd love some help and recommendation what to run for rear leafs so I can get these going.

Jason-

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
You're really going to need to get the engine and trans in to see where that front is going to end up. I would put stock springs in it to start with and change the back with shackles if you need to change it. I think you're probably level or very close to it once the truck reassembled.

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
making me wish i did a frame off

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
You're really going to need to get the engine and trans in to see where that front is going to end up. I would put stock springs in it to start with and change the back with shackles if you need to change it. I think you're probably level or very close to it once the truck reassembled.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Jason Reed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K-15
Engine Size

Thank you. I agree, I’ll start with a new set of stock rears.

- Jason

Jason Reed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K-15
Engine Size
Next question. What are the best Chrome bumpers to use on these and best place to get them? I’d like to do some quality triple chrome plated, made in the USA sets.

- Jason

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
Next question. What are the best Chrome bumpers to use on these and best place to get them? I’d like to do some quality triple chrome plated, made in the USA sets.

- Jason
I’ve been happy with bumpers from LMC Truck, their premium ones have nice chrome. But they come from TriPlus Automotive. A Taiwan company... Maybe someone else knows of an American company that makes ‘em.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969