1971 Cessna 210 Centurion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
There is another guy on here from Tupelo but I haven't seen him in a couple of years.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Those are great airplanes! We had to pull the motor and prop off one at a grass strip a few years back. The nose wheel sunk in the mud and he had a prop strike. As I recall, the insurance company had just bought him an new engine and prop along with a bunch of sheetmetal and paint work 14 hours earlier from a gear-up landing.

I would borescope the cylinders before I got too wound up about running it. I haven't seen one yet that sat that long that didn't have rust in the cylinder bores. The next problem is the cam, which are always the weak link in the Continentals.

When we do pre-buy inspections we always look for the mysterious new prop but nothing was noted for the engine in the logs. That's usually the tip off to run the other way. Not always but most of the time. The sketchy log books are usually reflected in the selling price too.

AirSwine

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
Jesse,

Cool 210!!! Unfortunately, my guess is that it won't ever fly again, and the longer she sits, the less she is worth. I'm a professional pilot and I used to broker airplanes, not to mention owning a bunch over the years. I love 210's, flown them a lot, but this one is too far gone unless you were an A&P and could sign off the work yourself. There's only about 30-some-odd mechanical items that owners are permitted to do themselves (and yes, we've all done something that wasn't on that list.) After a sudden stoppage, even at idle, that engine will come apart at some point, and probably at the most inopportune time, like right after takeoff!!!

I'd put it on Barnstormers.com with everything you've told us and ask for offers. I think it is still five bucks for a listing with pix. List whether it has logbooks for the airframe, engine and prop and the time since overhaul (SMOH - Since Major OverHaul for the engine.) Balance that with a call to Dallas Aircraft Salvage, and see what kind of cash they'll bring when they show up with the flatbed.

Completely agree about getting a 170. Great airplanes that you can learn to fly in and keep for a very long time. It is one of my favorites. Feel free to contact me if you need any questions answered about listing it, the onboard equipment or values.

Chris

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Been doing some very nasty, arduous, and backbreaking cleanup in the hangar trying to set the stage for rust work on the steel ceiling/floor. I’ve stepped on a lot of silverfish, picked up an ungodly amount of garbage, scrapped some metal, and scrapped an airplane. I just sold a set of wheels and tires to a guy yesterday that were in my way and completely unneeded, I’ve got a 20’ H Beam for sale on Craigslist, and the last thing that I need to deal with in some way is a Jet A fuel station that’s in there. I’m hesitant to get rid of it because it’s not viable considering that fuel stations now have credit card scanners, and you’d have to have a separate credit card machine to have the same service. I also don’t want it to be gutted for the pump. I’ve found that most FBOs that want jet fuel have it, and the ones that don’t either can’t afford it or don’t need it. I’m going to call the company that manufactured it to see if they have any info, literature on it, and the least I’m going to have to do is rig it so it can be moved, which it’s extremely heavy. I’m thinking about getting four casters and bolting two each to 4x4s and setting it down on those. Not sure if that’ll even work, though.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mack541