1949 Chevy 3800 AD Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I know I should be working on JW but something with this just said I need worked on. I’ll probably hit a wall soon and be back working with JW.
Sometimes projects just speak to you :shrug: I can't judge for progress or lack thereof on anything. I'm at a snails pace on my stuff, too :lol:

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
Here comes a photo dump, I’ve been busy with the cab :p

I finally found a great use for my plasma cutter. If you don’t have one I suggest investing in one! Made this job 10x easier.
You must be registered for see images attach

I was able to use it to cut out the original front support. Something my cut off wheel/grinder would’ve had trouble reaching.

I took the doors off since they left part of the floor on top of the rockers. Made it easier to cut out and remove.

I cleaned up the back of the seat riser so I could tack in the first piece of the frame work. This 2x1 rectangle tubing should be plenty sturdy enough for the floor I’m planning.

I need to hammer and dolly, hammer and a block of wood actually, the top of the rockers to flatten everything out before welding in the side rails.

RangRayy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
r10
Engine Size
I squared everything up for the front cross bar. Equal measurements everywhere. Remember kids, measure twice cut once er weld once lol

Once the front was tacked I cut my side rails and tacked them in. I learned from others not to have them as close to the edge of the rocker. Allowing a small gap for the sheet metal to fold over which should let the doors fit properly.

Next came the issue with the angle pice from the sides to the front. It was chore figuring out the right angles but I nailed it.

To which before I tacked it in I had a stroke of geniusness…hey you should make a template of the piece so life is easier. Since everything is square the measurements are all the same. So I did just that…

And….BOOOOOOOOM! I have a complete outter frame work for my floor.

Not too shabby for not knowing what I am doing. Just kinda winging it and going with the flow.

Now to tackle the inner supports and where I want the cab mounts etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michaelmarine53