18 or 20" wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Definitely want the gold Halibrands on my truck, just keep waffling between 18" or 20" It will complement my two tone paint so well.

Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra
Engine Size
LS 6.0
Definitely want the gold Halibrands on my truck, just keep waffling between 18" or 20" It will complement my two tone paint so well.
Going with the 20's so now just trying to decide on gold or Anthracite for my ride....kind of leaning gold....

You must be registered for see images attach

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size
Yup. Gold is the way. I'm trying to decide full or with polished lip now.....

Muddybuddy

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
@TotalyHucked where did you get the pinstripe that curves around at the bottom? Been looking but havent found anything other than custom or the factory repos.

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
@TotalyHucked where did you get the pinstripe that curves around at the bottom? Been looking but havent found anything other than custom or the factory repos.
It was on the truck when I bought it, it's just a repop of the factory stripe. They literally just laid it over the old one lol

Muddybuddy

Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
It was on the truck when I bought it, it's just a repop of the factory stripe. They literally just laid it over the old one lol
Lucky you! Thats gatta be custom since factory pinstrip didbt have that bend at the bottom…is a more finished look and frankly what should have been done from factory

TotalyHucked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 1500
Engine Size
Lucky you! Thats gatta be custom since factory pinstrip didbt have that bend at the bottom…is a more finished look and frankly what should have been done from factory
From what I understand, several (if not all) of the repop stripe kits come long so you have extra. If nothing else, Vastine's Paint Garage is one of the main places that make them, I'm sure they could make a longer one if you wanted

Soundmound

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Scottsdale
Engine Size

WesN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
What about some 26” or 28” or whatever they are? Expensive wagon wheels in my old school opinion.
You must be registered for see images attach

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
With the increased weight of a 20" wheel and reduced tire sidewall, you may see increased bearing wear as there will be increased load on the bearings. With increased power + lowered suspension, you'll probably enjoy some more spirited driving. Later on, you may benefit from a spindle with a modern hub design and a brake upgrade, and even some tubular control arms as you'll be working the rubber bushings pretty hard with a +5 wheel combo
After getting the DSW wheels I can confirm they are heavy af!

Idk if they are lighter gauge for the 5 and 6 luggers…

Worth noting as they will add significant weight over alloys of the same size.
But in general you’re not adding weight overall by going to bigger rims speaking for alloys.

Finkaire

Finkaire
Reaction score
First Name
Loren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado c10
Engine Size
I like the wheels and tires you are running, the stance is perfect! If you like the ride you have now, you might reconsider. My two cents

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbass91120