14 bolt or dana 70

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Nice truck. We usually go to Morris Mtn or Chocolocco once or twice a year with my wifes Jeep, if I can ever get my K5 done we'll start taking it. I'm sure we'll cross paths somewhere.

dirtroadoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
Thanks for the compliment! We're gonna have to make it a point to cross paths, John! Your K5 is looking pretty sweet.... and don't come at me with that "when it's finished" junk. I know how that "when it's finished" stuff goes.... lol! I'm in the process of shaving a 14bff and swapping the rear axle housing, hydro-assist, moving the front axle forward some more, relocating the front shocks, and a bunch of other stuff. The Lord only knows when I'll be done but you gotta take a break and have some fun with it somewhere along the line.

Last edited:

nvrenuf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
Rule #1... NEVER encourage me to take a break. :Big Laugh: I've been building and nit picking on this thing for YEARS and I've yet to drive it more than 10 miles total.

That said, I'm about to crank it up so things will pick up speed. Once it's running I just need to set up the front gears and she'll be pretty close to being wheelable.

chevydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
hunt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I am building a Chevy k20. I have a build album I just started I am in the early stages of the build and had a 14 ff with a Detroit and a Dana 70. I Already had the 14 bolt ff in mind i just wanted a second opinion. And to what i am building I have a build album that i just started.

dirtroadoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
I am building a Chevy k20. I have a build album I just started I am in the early stages of the build and had a 14 ff with a Detroit and a Dana 70. I Already had the 14 bolt ff in mind i just wanted a second opinion. And to what i am building I have a build album that i just started.

Yeah, I saw that. I'll be watching!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ls85c10man