12 Bolt Diff cover options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
So the factory sheet metal cover on my 12 bolt rear end is bent and mangled on the bottom, I'm guessing from poor jack placement. I started shopping and cant seem to find any heavier covers that are factory looking and made from stamped steel. My 10 bolt front has a real nice 11 Ga or so stamped steel cover but the rear 12 bolt is 16 Ga or thinner. All the aftermarket stuff seems to be expensive aluminum or cheap chrome...

Who makes a decent heavier gauge diff cover for a 12 bolt?

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Any of the bigger online junkyards probably have them. Local older stuff junkyards probably have them but probably won't sell the cover off a good axle unless it's a place like pull a part.

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
"Local" wrecking yard is two hours away, but I will probably need to make a trip soon enough. Thanks.

Not yet but thanks, I'll give them a look
Yep eBay is pretty much your first go to for something original like that, that you want .

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
So the factory sheet metal cover on my 12 bolt rear end is bent and mangled on the bottom, I'm guessing from poor jack placement. I started shopping and cant seem to find any heavier covers that are factory looking and made from stamped steel. My 10 bolt front has a real nice 11 Ga or so stamped steel cover but the rear 12 bolt is 16 Ga or thinner. All the aftermarket stuff seems to be expensive aluminum or cheap chrome...

Who makes a decent heavier gauge diff cover for a 12 bolt?
I mean if you are putting a new cover on, find one with a drain and fill plug. plus, stamped covers are stamped pie tin for a reason
its cheap and they dont care if it gets bent or deformed later, you can deal with it then.

is yours physically still able to hold fluid in the diff or is it toast?
if you could wait a few days I could trade a surface rusty but not bad 12 bolt cover but its gonna be pitted if you sand blast or clean it up, would need

something like POR to be smooth im guessing

You must be registered for see images attach

Lol...
I did some searching and the only thing to your request I could find is out of stock

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I mean if you are putting a new cover on, find one with a drain and fill plug. plus, stamped covers are stamped pie tin for a reason
its cheap and they dont care if it gets bent or deformed later, you can deal with it then.

is yours physically still able to hold fluid in the diff or is it toast?
if you could wait a few days I could trade a surface rusty but not bad 12 bolt cover but its gonna be pitted if you sand blast or clean it up, would need

something like POR to be smooth im guessing

You must be registered for see images attach

Lol...
I did some searching and the only thing to your request I could find is out of stock
No thank you, I do appreciate the offer though. With the amount of effort it would take to detail that one I could probably massage the dents out of mine. I'll probably end up getting one like your link...

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
No thank you, I do appreciate the offer though. With the amount of effort it would take to detail that one I could probably massage the dents out of mine. I'll probably end up getting one like your link...
the link is out of stock

there are plenty of chrome covers. you could scuff and epoxy paint those. but i hear the chrome is on the sealing surface and that means its not very flat/causes leaks when it fails and breaks off and lets fluid past

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe