1/2 to 3/4 helpppppp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rule_So_Hard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
Correct. That truck's rear axle is worth a few hundred bucks too, especially if it's a 4x4 with the wider axle.
Unfortunately the rear axle was gone.

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
75 something (maybe ???)
Truck Model
k10 and a 1/3
Engine Size
Not just one shock mount, both of them. Besides being mounted inboard of the frame, they are staggered in the opposite direction of the 1/2-3/4 ton mounting locations.

Oh, and 15 inch rims usually clear 3/4 ton front brakes. It depends on the manufacturer and the amount of backspacing. And steel rims of course. I don't think 15" 8-lug aluminum rims have ever been produced anyway.

Yup, my memory is a bit cloudy, but that is right. I knew there was something because I do remember I had to have them moved on both the rearends I used. That was 30 years ago though. Man, I'm getting too old for this. :sorry:

I keep threatening to do something to the truck I have now, but everything else gets in the way. Working at getting my masters degree, working two jobs and working on my acreage keeps me way past busy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody