What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
AAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNDD the TH350 decided that 39 years is enough, and turned into a two-speed on the way to work today.

Transmission will be pulled tonight after dinner. Parts should be in tomorrow.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
AAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNDD the TH350 decided that 39 years is enough, and turned into a two-speed on the way to work today.

Transmission will be pulled tonight after dinner. Parts should be in tomorrow.

So what gear did you lose? Hopefully not 2nd. If so you'll probably have some broken hard parts. One of the common problems with a Th350, not that failures are common in Th350 but when they do, it's common that the intermediate overrun aka intermediate sprag or sprag gear has broken.

SkinnyG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
G
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Silverado
Engine Size
350/TH350
Direct clutch lost one and a half of the four frictions. I suspected a problem with the 2-3 shift didn't occur. Well it did, it just wasn't gripping.

Intermediate clutch steels are W-A-V-Y. And blue.

Sprags are good.

While I do have a shift kit, I followed the Jake Shoe's advice, and did NOT throw away the check balls, did NOT delete the 1-2 accumulator, and ONLY drilled the holes 1/8" - to save the sprag race.

Hardened sprag race on order, as well as a late 700R4 low-reverse sprag, extra direct clutch and steel.

3 hours and it was out and disassembled.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
installing electric fans on the dually .Rain has slowed me down

You must be registered for see images attach

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
installing electric fans on the dually .Rain has slowed me down

You must be registered for see images attach

Nice looking fan set - were they pulled from something or are these new? Good luck with the install, I've considered doing this on my R20.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I'm gonna use the Winstar on mine, I hear they move a lot of air..

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
Nice looking fan set - were they pulled from something or are these new? Good luck with the install, I've considered doing this on my R20.
they are from a buick rendezvous

Eighty5C10

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 4 bolt main
In the last couple of days I have rebuilt the eddy, dropped and cleaned the tank, ran wiring for the new inline fuel pump that should be here tomorrow and she should be back doing her thing here pretty soon.

Stepside Billy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Just drove home from work and feels like my front axle ate a bearing. Glad I'm off this week!

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Replaced one of the new brake hoses I put on the truck a few months back. It was clocked in the fitting wrong, and the fitting only fits in the frame one way, so the hose was pushed over and sitting on the control arm, getting rubbed every time the control arm moved. The fittings on the hard line were also crap, so I built a new hard line with new fittings, and installed the new hose. Finally, everything on the brakes is DONE on this truck. It basically has new rotors, bearings, pads, wheel seals, hoses, one new hard line and new bleeders in the front, new drums (well, one new drum, long story some of you already know), shoes, hub bearings and wheel seals for the 14 bolt FF hubs, brake hose, wheel cylinders and all new hardware on the rear. Oh, and I have a full set of new axle flange bolts coming in since one of them was broken off, and they were cheap, might as well get them all new.

bucata206

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Bought a new to me passenger side tail light that has the chrome ring around it to match the drivers side and bought two front fenders that aren't rusted to all hell! Excited to pick up the fenders tomorrow!

1986ChrisK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Fixed an issues with my gauge/idle fuse popping. Come to find out it was a bad brake light switch. Who would have thought?!?

TC90V10

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500 4X4
Engine Size

I had Firestone air bags installed in the rear and a new LMC bumper installed. The tail was sagging a bit and the bumper took a hit from the PO and was slightly higher on the right. I wish I could find a new bumper cover. The Firestone kit wor ks great.
Tom

Attachments

• 20160608_170641.jpg
    20160608_170641.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 136

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Replaced one of the new brake hoses I put on the truck a few months back. It was clocked in the fitting wrong, and the fitting only fits in the frame one way, so the hose was pushed over and sitting on the control arm, getting rubbed every time the control arm moved. The fittings on the hard line were also crap, so I built a new hard line with new fittings, and installed the new hose. Finally, everything on the brakes is DONE on this truck. It basically has new rotors, bearings, pads, wheel seals, hoses, one new hard line and new bleeders in the front, new drums (well, one new drum, long story some of you already know), shoes, hub bearings and wheel seals for the 14 bolt FF hubs, brake hose, wheel cylinders and all new hardware on the rear. Oh, and I have a full set of new axle flange bolts coming in since one of them was broken off, and they were cheap, might as well get them all new.

Don't you just love that warm fuzzy you get when it's all new and you have confidence in it. Peace of mind!

austinado16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
1990 w/307k miles on the clock
Truck Model
GMC V1500 Suburban SLE
Engine Size
5.7L TBI/4L60/3.42's
I had Firestone air bags installed in the rear and a new LMC bumper installed. The tail was sagging a bit and the bumper took a hit from the PO and was slightly higher on the right. I wish I could find a new bumper cover. The Firestone kit wor ks great.
Tom

That sure is a nice looking Suburban!

Meanwhile.....

My starter died an instant death. Started the truck, drove it 2mi. Shut it off, went to start it less than 5min later, and got nothing. Smacking it with a hammer wouldn't revive it, nor would jumping power form the battery connection. Actually had to have it towed home, which pissed me off. Did a few electrical tests because I simply couldn't believe it was "just" a bad starter. Then pulled it and replaced it. Installed a new knock sensor at the same time, because I was coordinated enough to smack the original one with the starter and break the connector off it. Real friggin' nice.

Anyway, all back together and the new starter just flings the engine over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512